Chapter 210: Tea Time with Royalty

The sky, blue like it always has been, and the leaves and grasses, verdant like an emerald under the blissful sunlight. Colors of pink, white, yellow, and many more danced by the wind's soft blows, an orchestra of colors and fragrances drifting freely.

The beautiful scenery was not alone. From left and right, bees and butterflies buzzed and danced, their wings shimmering like stained glass, the flapping of their wings ringing like a soft melody. The early afternoon is once again full of tranquility.

"Hmm... It sure is nice to have great weather, doesn't it, Grey, Yuna?" [Ernes]

"A-Ah... Yeah, it's wonderful..." [Grey]

Yet despite the beautiful and peaceful scenery, there was only tension looming above the garden table. The King drank his tea in silence, Grey was smiling wryly, and Yuna couldn't even answer. An awkward silence was drifting about.

Well, there weren't only the three of them. Around the garden table, there was the ever so youthful Queen, the mischievous Crown Prince, the lovely Crown Princess, the quiet Princess Royal, and the very adorable Little Princess. Only Julius was missing.

How did the situation come about, one might ask? To answer such a question, one needs to look back to several minutes ago when the sun had just started to descend. Everything started just when Grey and Yuna were playing with the Little Princess.

"Waah~! Our Little Princess really is smart! Your memory is even much better now! Big Sis is impressed!" [Yuna]

"Nalia, good?" [Natalia]

"Un! Our Little Princess is very, very good!" [Yuna]

It was a normal afternoon. After playing yet another game of Memory, Yuna is once again praising the Little Princess like doting older sister. She patted her head gently, the latter giving off a big smile in response like a little puppy.

And after Yuna, the Little Princess' eyes shifted towards Grey's direction, staring at him intently in a manner which could only be called adorable. She hasn't even said a word yet Grey already knew what she wanted.

"Yeah, Princess Natalia is the best of them all. Good job." [Grey]

"Hehehe." [Natalia]

As adorable as she is, the Little Princess only wanted a head pat from Grey as well, wanting to be spoiled rotten. Just like before, She once again beamed a bright smile, giggling softly as she closed her eyes. Noe, she was like a purring little kitten.

"Then, should we play another game?" [Yuna]

"Um! Nalia wansh shesh!" [Natalia]

"Hmm? Chess...? You want to play chess?" [Yuna]

"Um! Shesh!" [Natalia]

With a bright smile on her face, there was no way two softies like Grey and Yuna could deny her request. Though they know the Little Princess most likely doesn't have any idea about what she's talking about, all was fine. What mattered was that she was happy.

Quickly, Grey opened up his "Inventory" and took out a chess board. The moment he placed it atop the table, a soft clack could be heard, followed by a series of more as he placed down the pieces. The Little Princess' eyes were shining all the while.

"Princess, do you know how to play chess?" [Grey]

Grey asked, but there was no immediate answer. Instead, the Little Princess only nodded her head fervently, eyes still sparkling like a lake basked in the sun's gentle sunlight as her cheeks turned rosy from excitement.

"Fufufu! Then let's play together, okay? Big Sis and Big Bro will reach you along the way. Just watch carefully." [Yuna]

"Um! Nalia watsh!" [Natalia]