Chapter 261: A Field of Colors

The wind was fresh and cool, dancing with the curtains by the window sill. The sun had risen over the horizon yet again and a new morning had started, sunlight gracing the earth and waking the ground to greet the new, sunny day.

In a certain room, a beautiful princess lay asleep, snores subtle as one can be as she slept ever so soundlyー or at least, she was. But as the warm and gentle sunlight poked her face again and again, she finally opened her eyes, head still a little groggy.

But rather than a grand and wonderful canopy, what greeted her was an unfamiliar ceiling. She blinked once, then she blinked twice. She kept staring and staring, eyes fixed on the ceiling before her, trying to collect her thoughts.

"Ah... Right..." [Iris]

It was only then that the young princess finally remembered that she was traveling on a journey towards Erdea with Grey and Yuna. She slept so tightly that her brain was still lagging, not wanting to part with the warm and fluffy bed.

However, as a princess, she must act poise and proper. Without much complaints, she quickly got up on her bed, and since there weren't any servants around, she did her best trying to fix the bed, making sure it was as tidy as possible.

After which, she then looked around the place and tried to find the closet. She was still in her pajamas, after all. She wasn't quite sure how she wore them, but she could vaguely remember Yuna fitting it to her. It was a little embarrassing, to be honest.

"Mari, what should I wearー" [Iris]

Out of habit, she called out to one of her personal maids, only to once again realize that she wasn't in the castle. She dwelled on the silence for a short while before looking back at the closet, picking up her clothes for the day.

It may be quite different from what she used to, but there was no use despairing over it. Rather, she was quite excited to experience such things for the first time in her life, eyes sparkling brightly as she picked her dress.

Clop Clop Clop Thunk

"Oh, looks like our princess is awake." [Grey]

"Fufu. She sure is energetic." [Iris]

And it was exactly because she didn't have any servants helping her that she had to go back and forth from every side and corner of the room after forgetting things time and time again, her silent footsteps resounding in the air.

After which, Iris then headed down stairs, subtle steps echoing in the corridors. The  moment she got downstairs, she was then greeted by a cacophony of noises from the kitchen. It was Grey and Yuna who were now preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Iris." [Yuna]

"G-Good morning as well, Elder Sister Yuna, Elder Brother Grey." [Iris]

"Morning. Did you have a good night's sleep?" [Grey]

"Y-Yes! The bed was very comfortable and the winds were also refreshing. It was one of the best sleeps I have experienced in a long while!" [Iris]

Iris went on and on as she praised the quality of her sleep. Though the Royal Castle's furniture was much more luxurious, expensive doesn't always equal good. If anything, she was more comfortable in a smaller, more medium-sized room without dramatic aesthetics around.

For the first time in her life, Iris felt how it was like to live a "normal" life without too much luxury. It was a little bit hectic since she wasn't new to it, but it was fun. She was really happy to have gotten such an experience.

"Haha. We're glad to hear that. Now, why don't you go take a bath first? We'll have breakfast shortly after you're done." [Grey]

"Yes! Thank you very much!" [Iris]