PT. VII

Narrator

While y/n-ssi was at work, Haerin-ssi hung out with her friends.

All of Haerin's friends were really excited that she was dating and not living alone anymore. Although, they were a bit reserved about y/n-ssi at first... they all came to the conclusion that y/n had no ill intentions.

- Haerin POV -

I was having a lot of fun with my friends. The girls were teaching me a song they had written during their acapella competition.

If it wasn't for me going to a different school than them, I would have probably been in their acapella group too.

"Earth to Kang Haerin!" Minji unnie said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

The gesture made me snap out of my thoughts.

"What are you thinking about, Kitty?" Dani unnie asked.

"Umm... I wonder when y/n-ssi is going to come home...," I spoke as I started to get stuck in my thoughts again.

"I wonder where y/n-ssi works?"

"Why would you come home so late?"

"How long are you gonna be there?"

"Hellooooo!!" Hyein-ei shook me to get my attention again.

"Here, just check in with y/n-ssi and ask when they'll be home!" Minji unnie said as she passed me my phone from the nightstand.

I grabbed my phone from her and contemplated for a bit.

"I don't want to bother y/n-ssi. What is they get mad?" I told the girls.

"Haerin, it's normal for couples to check up on each other!" Hanni unnie whined out.

"Okay!" I responded.

I looked through my contacts and called y/n-ssi.

I had never actually used y/n's number before. Y/n-ssi was always sort of around or found their way to me.... so I never felt the need to use it.

I dial y/n's number and put the phone up to my ear, waiting.

"What are you doing? Just text y/n-ssi, what if they're busy?" Minji unnie whispered yelled at me.

"Uummm, no." I said with a pout.

If I texted, then I'll never get an answer. I had a really hard time texting.... because I never knew what to say... and the longer i tried to send a text the more anxious I got.

"Yeoboseyo?" Y/n-ssi answered on the line and I panicked.

I threw my phone in the air and Minji unnie caught it. She put the phone up to her ear and said, "Haerin-ei just wants to talk to you. I'll pass her over to you!"

"Nooooo!!!" I whined in my thoughts.

Minji unnie held the phone up to my ear as I started to regret calling.

"Hi baby, what's up?" Y/n-ssi cutely asked over the phone.

My heart fluttered because of the sudden nickname. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Whe- when are you coming home?" I stuttered out.

"I just have one more game that I need to referee then I'll head home. Do you want me to buy you something on the way back?" Y/n-ah softly said over the phone.

"Nuh uh, I'll just wait for you" I responded feeling a bit nervous for some reason.

"Okay, see you soon!" Y/n-ssi said before hanging up the phone.