PT. LXXXIII

Narrator

It was the day of the showcase and Y/n-ssi had an unexpected test.

"Dammit, I'm never gonna make it in time!" Y/n kept thinking to themselves as they tried to rush throughout their test.

An hour later, the class was finally released.

Y/n-ssi sprinted down to the broadcasting station. It was nearly 2 miles away but Y/n made it there in just 17 minutes... but by then the showcase was already over.

- Haerin POV -

We were now signing our contracts to Bighit Entertainment when the CEO suddenly asked, "where is your mother or guardian?".

All the other girls had gotten away with a letter from their parents or just the fact that they were 18 or older.... but when it came to me.... a letter from Yoongi Oppa wasn't enough.

"I- I- My guardian is b-"

I was about to give an excuse when I was suddenly interrupted.

"I am her guardian," I heard someone said from behind me.

It was the most angelic and familiar voice I had ever heard.

"And who might you be?" The CEO asked.

"I am Haerin's guardian. I am over 18. Here is my ID and she's perfectly capable of signing this contract without supervision," Y/n-ssi spoke as they stepped up behind me.

While the CEO and their staff looked at Y/n-ssi' ID, I could hear Hyein and Hanni unnie say.... "More like guardian angel"... to themselves.

I couldn't help but give Y/n-ssi a gummy smile.

Y/n-ssi never failed to be there for me when it mattered.

- Y/N POV -

I was led to a conference room when I finally arrived to the Newjeans showcase.

I was confused for like 3 seconds when I heard someone ask Haerin where her parents or guardian was.

I momentarily locked eyes with Minji and her eyes told me all I needed to know.

"I am her guardian," I spoke up.

I handed my ID to the people I assumed where the contracting people for Kazuha's idol company and then waited to see their response.

"Have you ever thought of being an idol?" One of the staff in the conference room asked.

"Wait- You're Y/n-ssi!" Another one exclaimed.

"I'm here to see Haerin-ssi sign her contract, can we please move forward with it?" I asked in annoyance.

I wasn't that well known but the people who did know of me had a lot of expectations. They wanted me to be the best boxer. The one who would  represent South Korea and become another pride for the country.

It was a heavy expectation to carry.

"Don't sign anything without my lawyer's approval!" Someone suddenly barged into the conference room.

It was Brother Yoongi.

"Okay," Haerin simply responded as the rest of the girls seemed to gain a dreadful look on their face.

The staff in the room seemed nervous about our lawyer going through the contract.

"Wait- you're Min Yoongi!" A staff suddenly stood from their seat.

"Yes, I am. And that's my little sister," Yoongi responded as he stared the staff dead in the eyes.

I felt a seen of victory when brother did that.

We had lost everything as kids. Lost our parents, our home, everything we ever knew.

We had gone through so much shit.

We had lived on the street and in shelters and there was a point where we hated each other and blamed ourselves for our parents death.

But...

Here we were.

More recognized than we thought.

"This is not a compliant contract for someone with autism," Our lawyer suddenly spoke up.

"First, we don't have a clause stating amenities for Haerin-ssi and two it doesn't acknowledge the fact that Haerin-ssi needs extra support than most," Our lawyer informed us.

Suddenly, someone ran into the conference room and handed the staff something.

"I'm sorry, we got the wrong contract for her" One of the staff nervously responded.

It looked like they were lying.

They handed over the new contract and it was warm. The paper was freshly printed.

Brother and I looked at each other, knowing that this was a revised contract.

If it wasn't for me and Yoongi actually showing up to the contract signing, Haerin could have been trapped in a contract that wasn't adequate for her.

Our lawyer quickly got to reading the contract and kept consulting with Haerin-ssi.

When they were done.... Haerin looked up at me and said... "Are you proud of me?"

My eyes filled with tears.

Of course I was proud her.

I could have never imagined what was happening in front of my eyes.

I held myself together and patted her head in endearment, "Yes. I am very proud of you.", I responded as softly as I could.

Haerin finally signed her contract and Yoongi and I stood behind her as if we were her body guards.

Because we were....

We would give our lives for the wonderful girl in front of us.

The staff soon left the conference room and all the girls cheered.

Haerin looked at us for a moment... as if asking for permission... then joined the girls in celebration.

"Let's get some Gogi and drink in celebration!" Brother exclaimed and all the girls cheered as I put my arm around Haerin to comfort her.

"Can I drink too?!" Haerin-ssi asked.

"OF COURSE!" Brother exclaimed.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Tear me a new one, tell me what sucks about this story!  >.<  FR, TELL ME.