PL. LII

Narrator

It was the beginning of the week again and a new school day had come around. It was a day like any other.... except.... that Haerin wouldn't let go of Y/n.

"Babe, I need to get to class!" Y/n-ssi whined for the 5th time.

"Nuh uh, you're gonna leave me!" Haerin responded as she clung to Y/n as tight as she could.

"I'm not going anywhere ever again. You gotta let go of your fear of losing me just for a little so I can get to class!" Y/n responded.

"Noooooo!!!" Haerin cried out.

"Haerin, I'm not goin-"

"Kang!  Get to class!" Yeji suddenly said out of nowhere.

Classes had already started for the day. It had been 20 minutes of Haerin crying about letting Y/n-ssi go.

- Y/N POV -

I ended up in detention all day, so I wasn't able to hang out with Haerin whatsoever.

Yeji had let Haerin go to class... in turn... I would do detention for the both of us.

"Alright, you can get out now. School is over!" Yeji mischievous said as she walked into the detention hall.

I sighed and grabbed my things then made my way to try to go find Haerin.

"I know you don't want to talk to me right now, but I'm sorry," The President suddenly said as she stepped in front of me in the middle of the hall.

"I'm sorry that I'm not sorry," Minji paused for a bit. She then took a deep breath and began to explain herself..... "I didn't really get to choose who to like, the heart sort of just does what it wants... without logical reason. I am not sorry that I confessed my feelings to you and I'm not sorry that I like you."

"And why is that?" I crossed my arms at her, feeling a bit deserving of an apology.

"Because.... when you love someone. You have to tell them you love them... even if it causes a loss or a great deal of pain," she softly answered.

"Everyone deserves to know they are loved by someone.... even if that love is not returned. There's never enough love going around in this world. I think it's best to let the people you love know you love them.... and I can't say sorry for loving you," Minji answered me very confidently.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her impressive response.

Even when I was mad at her, I couldn't be mad at her. Her brain knew how to rationalize and her mouth knew just what tone to use.

"What's so funny?" The President asked looking a bit offended.

"Even when it doesn't make sense, you find a way to make it make sense," I sighed out.

"I'm not sorry for liking you... but I am sorry for being impulsive. I could have handled things a different way but I let my emotions get the best of me. I also disrespected your relationship so I'm sorry about the trouble my actions probably caused you after you told Haerir," Minji responded in a serious tone.

"I didn't tell Haerin," I informed her.

"And why is that?" Minji asked as she crossed her arms.

"I think you and I both know that she's at her breaking point. If you can barely handle a heart brake.... then how do you think she'll feel? She's had enough. This whole month has been enough extreme emotions for her. I don't think telling her would be the right thing to do right now," I answered her a bit unsure if I should have been so sharing.

"Agreed," Minji-ssi surprisingly replied.

"You do?" I asked a bit surprised.

"She's still crying over hurting you.... she doesn't need to cry over my stupidity," The President explained.

"OH, Y/N-SSI THERE YOU ARE!" Haerin suddenly yelled from down the hall.

"I have been looking for you all around the school!" Haerin-ssi said as she ran into my arms.

I held her tightly and greeted her with a kiss on the forehead. "Hi, Princess!" I exclaimed.

"Hi!" She cutely looked up at me.

"I have a need I want to voice," Haerin cutely whispered.

"Okay, I am listening..." I whispered back.

Haerin and I had agreed to tell each other what we need or at least try to voice our emotions as soon as we could to help us keep avoiding all the misunderstandings.

"I would feel a bit better if you picked me up after classes.... umm at least while I get over my fear of losing you... again," Haerin cutely said as she rested her head on my chest.

"Okay. I can do that for my Frog," I whispered back as I hugged her tightly.

The President then cleared her throat and Haerin finally acknowledged her.

"Oh, Minji unnie!" Haerin exclaimed.

"I'm sorry I got really angry about you two being friends. Thank you for getting Y/n-ssi home safely. I love you, Unnie!" Haerin cutely said as she pulled Minji into a hug.

"Shall we get home, Frog?" I asked as they pulled away from each other.

"Mhm!" Haerin hummed as she clung onto my torso again.

"Bye, Unnie!"..... "Bye, Pres"...... we both waved our goodbyes to Minji and then head out of the school to go home.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-