PL. LI

Narrator

Y/n-ssi ended up walking home all dazed and confused.

"Why would she do that?" Y/n kept thinking.

Aside from wondering why Minji had acted in such an impulsive way, Y/n-ssi was having an internal conflict about whether to tell Haerin about what happened or not.

- Y/N POV -

I got home feeling a bit uneasy. I took my slides off and dragged my feet across the living room.

I decided to make myself tea to calm down my nerves. As I grabbed a mug, I heard little footsteps coming up behind me.

"I was afraid you had left me here," I heard Haerin groggily whisper from behind me.

I turned to look at her and Haerin cutely ran into my arms... as she always does.

"Are you still tired?" I whispered as I kissed the top of her head.

"Mhm," Frog groaned out.

I giggled a bit at her cute behavior then lifted her up in my arms. Haerin wrapped her legs around my waist and I carried her to bed.

"Let's get you to get some decent sleep," I told her as laid her back to bed.

"Can we cuddle?" Haerin asked.

"Mhm," I whispered as I snuggled into the bed with her.

"Ahhh, so warm~" Haerin-ssi cutely whispered as she snuggled into my neck.

"I missed you," I whispered as low as I could in her ear.

"I miss you so much," My heart cried to itself.

"I missed you too. I'm really sorry," Haerin said as she started to hide her face into my neck.

"Stop apologizing. Being with you gives me the exact opposite feeling of a broken heart. There's no need for you to apologize anymore," I whispered as I lifted her chin to peck her lips.

"Okay," Frog cutely whispered out before completely falling asleep.

- Haerin POV -

I didn't realize I had fallen back asleep.

Being in Y/n's arms again felt so good.

I still felt so guilty but I felt so safe and secure again. Y/n's arms were always my safe house... where I want to run to when I was scared or hurt or unsure.

Y/n-ssi was the first person, outside of my friends, who ever made me feel included. Y/n had a lot of patience with me and was very kind.

I remember when Y/n feed me soup and my heart started to feel like maybe I should've have gone to the emergency room. I remember us presenting our group project together. It was the first time I was able to present.... it was a special moment for me.

Y/n-ssi and I had a different way of loving. I'm still having a hard time understanding but I'm always trying my best.

I felt really luckily that Y/n could read between the lines or could pick up on my mood. I never really had to speak because of it.... Y/n-ssi just sort of knew what I needed without me having to say anything.

"Are you okay?" Y/n-ssi suddenly groan as I admire their beauty.

I always found Y/n really attractive.

Since before we became partners.....

Yes... I do get crushes and find people attractive and get excited feelings.... it's just hard to express or speak about it.

That's why my heart fluttered all the time around Y/n-ssi... and it still does.

I never feel pressured with Y/n. Y/n-ssi will wait for me and will help me pick out the right words or help me learn a new emotion or a new life lesson.

I know Y/n-ssi feels the pressure of having to take care of me and help but Y/n always does their best to make me understand that things aren't always as I think of them.

One thing I like about Y/n-ssi is that Y/n will never attempt to make assumptions without knowing too much about a person or even just participating in gossip in general.

Most people think it's because Y/n-ssi doesn't care... because they don't care about others or because they don't care for gossip... but in reality, it's because Y/n-ssi doesn't like to judge people based on something so small or an action so available for change.

Y/n-ssi and Yoongi oppa had to grow up in a similar way to me.

I know Y/n thinks I don't know or that I don't pay attention but I do notice as much as I can... if not everything. I hear everything too.

Y/n-ssi and Yoongi oppa got separated as children because of their age difference. While I was to be taken care of by my horrible aunt.

My aunt put me in an apartment by myself at the age of 12 and sort of let me there to fend for myself. She probably visited once a week for a few years then once a year then never again.

Y/n-ssi on the other hand.... Y/n changed from home to home as a kid... constantly trying to find some sort of unconditional love.... a replacement for our parents.... but eventually, Yoongi oppa got old enough and strong enough to get their dongsaeng back. They've been together ever since.

I remember when Yoongi oppa used to get so excited talking about their little sibling. Oppa used to tell all these stories during our tutor sessions, it was so entertaining.

"And my little sibling loves the beta of my first game!"

"And dongsaeng got into the basketball team!"

"My dongsaeng goes to your new school!"

"You would love Y/n-ah!"

I guess Yoongi oppa was right.

I do love Y/n-ssi.

"Kang Haerin?" I started to hear.

"Frog? Haerin-ssi? Hellooo?" Y/n-ssi waved their hand in front of me and I was sucked out of my deep thoughts.

"Mhm," I responded.

"Are you okay?" Y/n-ssi asked.

"Mhm," I shyly responded as I continued to cuddle into Y/n's chest. I wrapped my arms around their torso and stared patiently as I listened.

I wasn't planning on letting go of Y/n-ssi for the rest of the evening. I was determined to get to know them better and learn more about them.

Even if it meant just staring at them for the rest of the day.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-