PT. XII

Narrator

Y/n-ssi had gone back to school to shoot some hoops in the gym.

Since practice was in the morning, y/n used the empty gym to take out their frustrations.

"First she tells me that she loves me then she breaks up with me!" Y/n-ssi complained out loud as they kept shooting 3 pointers.

For the rest of the week, because y/n-ssi didn't want to make Haerin uncomfortable with their presence, y/n just made sure to stay busy.

- Haerin POV -

For the rest of the week, Y/n-ssi had been very busy.

Distant even.

I hardly got to spend anytime with y/n-ssi.

Y/n-ssi would get up early for basketball practice then wouldn't return home to take nap or come pick me up before school.

At first, I was kind of relieved to spend less time with y/n-ssi, but after the first two days... I started to get really lonely.

I missed y/n-ssi so much.

I didn't want to be all alone again.

Everyday after school, I had to walk home all alone. I had no idea what y/n-ssi was even doing either and everytime I asked Yoongi oppa, he'd just say....

"Oh, y/n's at work!

"Shooting hoops,"

"At the boxing gym,"

Friday had come around and I was really upset at y/n-ssi at this point.

"How could y/n-ssi just leave me all lone for a whole week!" I angrily thought to myself as I walked through the halls of the school.

The day had gone by quickly.

I didn't even notice if y/n-ssi was in school today. Usually, I at least saw them walking through the halls or during lunch time but today I didn't see y/n at all.

I was making my way to the front of the school so I could go home when Jay-ssi suddenly stepped in front of me.

"Haerin-ssi, would you like to go to a movie with me tonight?" He asked.

"Not really," I coldly replied.

Jay had been persistent at trying to get me to go on a date with him all week. I kept rejecting his advances but he didn't seem to understand.

"Come on, Haerin-ssi. I promise I'll be the perfect gentleman," Jay-ssi insisted.

"No," I said again.

Jay then reached over to hold my arms and I recoiled at the uncomfortable sensation.

His touch felt so unsafe and disgusting. All I wanted to do was cry from the disrespect. It was too overwhelming to have a stranger touch me like that.

"I TOLD YOU TO STOP!!"  I yelled at the top of my lungs when I couldn't take it anymore.

- Y/N POV -

I was walking to my locker when I heard a scream echoed through the halls, "I TOLD YOU TO STOP!!" 

I furrowed my brows in confusion for a bit then just ignored it and continued to my destination.

Suddenly, my brain realized who's scream that was and I started sprinting down to where the screaming came from.

I saw Jay holding Haerin's arms and my blood began to boil.

I marched my way down to him and pushed him off Haerin.

"She told you to stop," I coldly told Jay.

He gave me a death glare and I stepped up to his face. Jay took a step back and  looked around the hall to find that everyone was staring at us. I could see him bite the inside of his cheek.

"Walk away," I ordered as I stared him down.

He looked super pissed but did as he was told anyway.

Jay valued his starting position on the team too much to keep making a scene in the middle of the hall.

I turned to look at Haerin-ssi and she was sniffling, on the verge of crying.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Haerin screamed at me as she pushed me and began to cry.

Suddenly, Haerin leaped into my arms and hugged me tightly. I quickly hugged her back.

I missed her touch so much.

"Why would you leave me alone for so long?!" Haerin sniffled out as I felt her tears start to soak through my uniform.

"I'm sorry. Since we broke up, I just wanted to give you space" I whispered as I kissed the top of her head and hugged her as tight as I could.

Haerin suddenly pulled away from my embrace and sniffled, asking "When did we break up?"

"Tf?" I thought to myself, wondering if I was remembering what had happened correctly.

"The other day , I told you that I wouldn't be offend if you wanted to break up... and you said 'Okay'," I answered her a bit confused.

Haerin sniffled and shook her head. "I meant 'Okay' as in, 'I understand I have that option', not 'Okay let's break up'," She explained.

I started to feel like an idiot... and like the big idiot that I am... I frustratingly said, "Well you should've been more specific!"

"Well you shouldn't have just assumed things!" Haerin angrily answered back.

I sighed in frustration with myself, knowing she was right.

"You're right, I'm sorry" I whispered as I pulled her back into another hug.

Haerin-ssi hugged me tightly as she nuzzled her head into my chest. She made her grip even tighter and I did the same.

I missed holding Kang Haerin-ssi so freaking much. Just having her in my arms brought me peace.

I rested my chin on the top of her head, ehen Haerin suddenly whispered, "Y/n-ssi?"

"Yes?" I whispered back.

"Are we still broken up?" She sniffled out.

"No, Princess. We're not broken up," I whispered back as I kissed the top of her head again.

It got quiet for a bit again as we held each other in the middle of the hall.

"Y/n-ssi?" Haerin suddenly whispered again.

"Yes, Haerin-ssi?" I whispered back.

"Can you take me home now?" Haerin sniffled as she grabbed fists full of my shirt.

I took a deep breath as I started to feel relieved that every was back to normal.

"Yes, baby. Let's go home" I whispered to her as I pulled away to cup her face.

Haerin cutely giggled as she met my eyes.

My heart fluttered at the sight of her cute smile, smiling at me again.

"You ready?" I asked her as I squeezed her cheeks.

Haerin-ssi cutely nodded then grabbed a hold of my uniform jacket before following me out the school campus.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Author's Note: Would you have taken it as a break up too or are you not an idiot? >.<