PT. XLI

Narrator

Everyone had arrived at the game, Luckily Yoongi and Y/n kept a bunch of sweaters in the back of the car so no one had to freeze on the football field.

As the game went on, the boys were blatantly flirting with Haerin while on the field.

Every time they made a touchdown, they would run up and hand Haerin the ball. Every time they made a big play, they would lift up their jerseys to show off their hand painted t-shirts that spelled Haerin's name.

Y/n did they best to not get jealous and just enjoy the effort the guys had put into making Haerin feel special.

"Oh man, I forgot the music sheets for the new song!" Minji randomly exclaimed.

"Where'd you leave them?" Hanni asked her.

"The clubroom," Minji answered her.

"We'll get them!" Dani suddenly exclaimed as she jumped off from her seat. She then took Haerin by the hand and dragged her with her.

- Haerin POV -

Dani unnie and I walked to our clubroom to get the music sheets for our new song.

As we looked around to try to find them, Dani unnie suddenly stopped to stare at me.

"Ugh, you look so pretty today. Like Always!" Dani unnie randomly said as she put a stray hair strand behind my ear.

I couldn't help but blush.

Dani unnie has always been very nice to me and she always compliments me.

She calls me pretty and smart and silly.

Dani unnie had a really cute smile on her face, the one that always made my heart flutter. I could help myself. I started to feel a bit overwhelmed.

I don't how it happened but I leaned in to kiss her.

Dani unnie placed her hands on my cheeks and began to kiss back.

*CLASH*

Suddenly, we heard something drop and Dani unnie quickly pulled away.

Y/n-ssi had walked into the room and dropped their phone. They calmly picked it back up then cleared their throat.

"Sorry to interrupt. I'll just see you back at home," Y/n said before turning to walk out of the room.

"Aren't you gonna go after them?" Dani unnie asked.

"No," I answered.

- Y/N POV -

After seeing Haerin kiss Danielle, I just walked home.

When I got home, I packed my duffle bag and texted Felix.

As I tried to leave out the front door, Brother Yoongi walked in.

"Huh? You going somewhere?" He asked.

"I'm gonna go sleep over at Felix's," I answered him.

"Does Haerin know?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah, I'll text her" I lied as I put my shoes on.

I grabbed my duffle bag from the floor then walked out of the house.

Just as I was about to reach the front gate, Minji-ssi walked up.

"Not running away, are we?" She smugly spoke as she stopped in front of the gate.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Dani texted me... told me what happened," She said a bit hesitantly.

I snickered to myself and opened the gate to walk around her.

"You know Haerin loves you, right?" Minji said as I walked away.

I didn't say anything.

Soon, Minji caught up to me and walked by my side. She didn't say a word, she just walked next to me with her hands in her jacket.

"She kissed her, you know..." I whispered.

"I know," Minji whispered back.

"She's just confused right now," Minji-ssi tried to comfort me.

"It's for the best...," I responded.

"Why trade someone who's been there your whole life for someone you just met," I added.

Minji-ssi stopped in her tracks and grabbed me before I could take another step.

"You're not some stranger, you know?" She angrily told me.

"You not being there when she gets home is going to give her the wrong impression," Minji began to scold me.

"I spent all day on a field trip with her, feeling like her caretaker. I did my best to win a fight as fast as I could because I didn't want her ears to hurt. I sat there during the football game where her seniors basically hit on her while on the field..... and at the end of the day... she kissed her best friend. I think it's clear what it is that she really wants," I told her in frustration.

Minji took a deep breath and then let it out.

"Things aren't as black and white as you want them to be," Minji-ssi sighed out.

"But they are," I tiredly answered.. not wanting to fight with her or with anyone else.

"It's either she loves me or she doesn't," I whispered in defeat.

"You know things don't just work like that for Haerin," Minji responded.

"I'm tired Minji. At this point, It's either she can do something or she can't!" I sighed out in a tiring frustration.

"Wow," Minji suddenly said in shock.

"You were the last person I ever thought I'd hear that from," she added.

"You must really be heartbroken," Minji whispered as she took my hand.

Next thing I knew, Minji had dragged me by the hand all the way back home.

When we got there, we came face to face with Dani and Haerin-ssi.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-