PT. XXVI

Narrator

Over the weekend, Y/n-ssi and Haerin kept unknowingly fighting.

While Haerin was getting clingy because she was jealous.... Y/n was trying to avoid her to not get jealous.

Eventually, a new school day came around the jealousy heightened.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin had been picked up early by her friends again, so I had to walk to school by myself.

As of the recent week, I didn't see much of Haerin at school. That's until the end when I saw her in her club room... a bit too close to Danielle once again.

 a bit too close to Danielle once again

Suddenly they started holding hands.

"Nope! If she can tell me no, then so can I!" I thought to myself.

I walked into the club room and pulled Haerin away from Danielle, dragging her out the room.

"Hey, you can't do that! We're having practice!" Minji yelled.

"I just need to talk to my girlfriend for a second!" I coldly responded.

When we made it to the hallway, Haerin look at me a bit startled.

"Idiot!" I scolded myself.

"Did you wanna talk about something?" Haerin-ssi asked.

I sighed and shook my head in response.

"No, sorry. I just missed you" I answered.

Haerin suddenly hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"I miss you too, but I have practice. I'll see you at home, okay?" Haerin whispered as she let me go.

"Okay," I answered.

I felt so stupid.... I didn't want to act like a fool, but Haerin sometimes has a hard time understanding the deeper meaning of things. So, I opted to not tell her what was wrong.

- Haerin POV -

It was getting late in the afternoon and I got a text from y/n-ssi that they were going home.

I didn't think much of it since my practice always ended after theirs.

That's until about 5 minutes later when a storm suddenly started.

"AHHHHH!!" I screamed as the sound of thunder burned through my eardrums.

"Haerin-ah, it's okay!" Dani unnie said as she pulled me into a hug.

I was starting to feel a bit more at ease until I remembered that y/n-ssi and I always shared an umbrella.

"I need to go!" I said as I pulled Dani unnie off me.

"Wait! You can't go out there, it's raining!" Minji unnie said as I grabbed my things.

"Y/n-ssi, doesn't have an umbrella!" I answered her.

"Wait! Y/n-ah is grown enough to not need an umbrella!" Hanni unnie said as I tried to leave the club room.

"NOO!!" I yelled in anger.

"Y/n would come and get me if I had no umbrella. It's my turn to go get them!!" I yelled as I made my way out of the room.

I rushed out to the front gate.

I could hear my friends yelling my name through the halls.

I was worried that y/n-ssi could be hurt somewhere.

Another thunder crackled through the clouds and I could feel my heart begin to race.

"AHHHHHHH!!" I screamed as lightning rippled through the sky.

I froze for a moment, wanting to just sit down and cry... but I remembered that y/n needs me right now.

I rushed down the street.

Not even 4 blocks away from the school, I found y/n-ssi squatting under a tree. I walked over to them and put my umbrella over y/n.

"You're soaking wet," I spoke up.

Y/n-ssi sniffled and looked up at me.

"What are you doing here? You're gonna get wet. You know the rain isn't safe!" Y/n-ssi began to scold me as they got up to grab the umbrella from me.

"I came to get you," I whispered... feeling like I did something wrong.

"You came to get me?" Y/n asked.

"Mhm," I hummed as I looked at the floor.

Y/n suddenly pulled me into a hug and my heart fluttered.

"Thank you," Y/n-ah whispered as they kissed my forehead.

I started to feel y/n's wet clothes start to soak through mine and I pushed y/n off me.... starting to feel uncomfortable by the wet sensation.

Another thunder suddenly started to ripple through the clouds and I panicked, jumping back into y/n's arms.

"Where are your ear warmers?" Y/n-ssi asked as they covered my ears.

My ears hurt but I finally felt safe.

I started to realize my socks were soaking wet. It was so uncomfortable that I began to sob.

"Y/n-ssi?" I sniffled out.

"Yes, baby?" Y/n whispered.

"My socks are wet," I sobbed.

Y/n pulled away a bit and said, "Aww I'm sorry baby. I just changed into my spare socks."

I sniffled as I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't... the wetness on my feet was so uncomfortable.

"Here, hold the umbrella straight up" Y/n-ssi said as they handed me the umbrella.

I did as I was told and suddenly found myself getting picked up into y/n's arms.

"AAAHHHH! PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled out as I started to feel so unsafe.

"It's okay, I'll just carry home. This way... your wet socks won't bother you," Y/n-ssi responded.

"Just hold the umbrella up and we both won't get wet," Y/n instructed me.

I nodded, still a bit scared but at least I didn't have to walk in my wet socks.

Y/n-ssi carried me all the way home.

When we finally got there, we heard footsteps running towards us.

"Finally!! We finally caught up to you guys!!" Someone said from behind us.

Y/n-ssi turned around and we saw my friends all soaking wet.

"Why are you carrying her?" Minji unnie asked.

"Her socks are wet," Y/n-ssi answered her.

"You're carrying her because her socks are wet?" Hanni unnie asked.

"Yup," Y/n-ssi simply answered.

The girls are snickered.

"You two are perfect for each other," Danni unnie suddenly said and my heart began to flutter.

-

-

-

-

-

-