PT. LXXVIII

Narrator

Y/n-ssi was about to give into Minji's request, until they heard Haerin's voice in the back of their head.

"M-Minji, stop!" Y/n-ssi pushed Minji off.

"I thought we had agreed that this would never happen again?!" Y/n asked in anger.

Y/n was trying hard to not break down.

Aside from being in physical pain from their earlier fight with Haruto, Y/n was starting to lose grip on their emotional pain.

- Y/N POV -

Minji apologized for her actions but soon began to step closer again. She extended her hand to caress my cheek and softly said... "I'm sorry. I am just so worried about you. You've been acting out of character ever since the store incident. All I want right now is to take care of you and protect you."

Minji's words and actions felt like a stab to the chest.

It wasn't because she was doing anything wrong. It's because she was doing everything right.

"I'm alright," I tried to lie.

"Y/n, don't lie to me," Minji softly responded as she pulled me into a hug.

Suddenly, I became extremely vulnerable and began to sob.

Minji was doing everything I had hoped Haerin would. To just notice that I wasn't okay and would comfort me in her arms.

I knew Haerin didn't have the capacity to just tell that I wasn't okay... and I didn't want to worry her.... so, being in Minji's arms felt like I could breathe for once like... I couldn't for weeks.

"I'm sorry you don't feel well," Minji whispered as she gently caressed my back.

"Thank you," I whispered back as I pulled away from her embrace.

I sniffled a bit as I tried to get a hold of myself.

For a second, Minji's eyes and mine locked. We both slowly began to lean in...

When suddenly...

The doorbell rang.

Minji and I both pulled back and I sighed of relief.

"Oh thank god!" I whispered to myself as Minji walked out of her room to go see who was on the front door.

After a few seconds of getting myself together, I walked down stairs to check on Minji and found Haerin with Hanni standing at the front door.

"Unnie mentioned that Y/n-ssi didn't seem okay, so I wanted to come and see if baby needed anything," I heard Haerin say.

The sound of those words made my eyes fill up with tears again and I just want to breakdown.

"Ohh, Y/n-ssi!!" Haerin-ei exclaimed at the sight of me.

I couldn't help myself and immediately ran up to hug her and cry in her arms.

- Haerin POV -

Hanni unnie had walked me home, but the whole walk home I couldn't stop thinking about how Minji unnie said that Y/n-ssi didn't seem okay.

"Do you think Y/n-ssi is feeling any pain because of the fight?" I asked Unnie as we walked into the house.

"Maybe, but Y/n is a boxer so they're use it" Hanni unnie responded.

I sighed and figured that it made sense. Y/n-ssi was used to fighting people.

"But if you're talking about Minji saying that Y/n didn't seem okay, it's probably because Y/n has been acting kind of weird lately," Unnie explained.

"What? Really?!" I asked a bit worried.

"Yeah, Y/n's been like out of it and quiet and like kind of rude lately. Ever since the store incident," Hanni unnie answered.

I started to get so upset with myself. I was the worse girlfriend ever.

Y/n-ssi has been so sweet and attentive to me since the market incident and all I've done is act like a baby ever since. Not even worry about how Y/n felt. Y/n just acted as if everything was okay.

"You alright?" Unnie suddenly asked, taking me out of my thoughts.

I sniffled a bit and nodded.

I got up from my bed, grabbed my jacket and keys, then headed out of my room.

"Where are you going?!" I heard Unnie yell.

"To make sure Y/n-ssi is okay!" I responded as I walked out the front door of the house.

Hanni unnie ran after me and linked her arm with mine. "What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Accompanying you to Minji's house," Unnie replied with a sweet smile.

I nodded at her and we went on our way.

When we got to Minji unnie's house, Y/n-ssi greeted me with the saddest hug they've ever given me.

"I love you," Y/n whispered as I wrapped my arms around them.

This was probably the tightest and longest hug Y/n had ever given me. My feet were dangling in the air and I could hear Y/n-ssi crying.

"I'm so happy you came," Y/n whispered again as they gently set me back down on the floor and pulled away.

Y/n's eyes were all puffy and red. They had bruises all over their face and a bit of a swollen lip. Luckily, Hanni unnie and I had stopped by the pharmacy store to buy supplies for Y/n's wounds.

While staring at Y/n's face, I realized that all Y/n-ssi wanted to do was cry.

I stepped up to caress Y/n's cheek and a tear rolled down their cheek.

"I love you too. I know I'm not really good at body language and social queues but I'll always do my best and be here for you. Okay?" I softly spoke as Y/n-ssi sobbed.

"Thank you," Y/n softly whispered back as they cupped my face.

Y/n leaned in to kiss me and bit their bottom lip as gently as I could.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Do you think Y/n would have cheated on Haerin in their vulnerable state? >.<