PT. CII

Narrator

Haerin continued to spend her days off work with Y/n. Yoongi had made it his mission to get Y/n and Haerin to end up together...

Even if Y/n never recovered their memories.

- Minji POV -

It was sort of a surprise to all of us that Haerin had stepped up to take care of Y/n.

I had seen Haerin...

That night...

At the hospital...

That's when I accepted my defeat.

I had gotten back from the hospital cafeteria and looked through the distorted privacy window of Y/n hospital room.

It wasn't hard to make out what Haerin was doing.

She had taken out the bath kit from Y/n's hospital bedroom.

I knew I should have done that at some point....

But I never expected Haerin to do it.

After that, we all saw the shift in Haerin. She wasn't sad or complaining about the situation.

She wasn't asking questions to try to understand either...

It seemed like... I don't know... she kind of got it or learnt it from somewhere.

It was now a bit over a year since the doctor's made the mistake of damaging a part of Y/n's brain and I don't think any of us could have imagined what was happening now.

"Okay, just make sure you don't rush," Dani tried to explain to Haerin.

"Yeah and make sure you wait till Y/n responds. Don't interrupt, even if Y/n gets quiet for like a long time," Hanni pitched in.

I wasn't really heartbroken.

I was proud really.

I just think that.... like everyone else....

This isn't what we expected to happen.

"Yeah Unnie, Y/n sunbaenim is still a bit like their old self so don't get surprised if sunbae starts acting cold," Hyein tried to comfort Haerin.

"Unnie?" Haerin turned to ask for my opinion.

I gave her an eyes smile and answered, "If Y/n wanted to date you 2 years ago.... Y/n-ah will definitely want to date you now!"

Haerin just blushed and giggled.

She had grown up a lot.

Yoongi Oppa had been paying for her therapy and treatments. So, Haerin was even more capable than all of us now.

Haerin still acted her age and would get super excited about things we didn't understand but when it came to Y/n....

I can honestly say.....

Haerin would be the perfect wife.

Specially with the current situation.

Haerin always went on and on about their six year promise.

While, Haerin-ah dealt with us and her idol life, it seemed like Y/n didn't forget about their dream to help the most vulnerable populations.

Although, now... it seemed personal...

But I think it was always personal....

I was just always too blinded by being the logical option for a partner to really understand.