PT. XXVII

Narrator

"Come in. I can't afford any of you getting sick because of me," Y/n-ssi told the girls.

Everyone headed inside the house and raided Haerin's closet. Y/n offered their clothes to the girls as well.

"Here, let's take your socks off," Y/n-ssi said as they kneeled to help Haerin with her socks.

"How do you even put this on?" Hanni suddenly asked as she tried to put on a ninja like hoodie that y/n had offered her.

Y/n sighed then walked over to help Hanni put her head through the hoodie.

As Hanni's eyes started to light up and her heart started to flutter, Y/n-ssi noticed Danielle struggling to tie a scarf around her neck.

Y/n walked over to help Dani tie her scarf causing Danielle to blush.

By nature, Y/n-ssi noticed Minji buttoning up a fresh uniform shirt and walked over to help her as well.

"I'm not a little kid. I can do it by myself," Minji coldly told y/n.

"Neither is Haerin, but that doesn't stop me from helping her too," Y/n responded as they button Minji's sleeves.

Minji gave y/n a light smile, trying to not show her true feelings.

Afterward, Y/n-ssi gave Hyein some spare slippers and then cuddled up into bed with Haerin so they could all watch a movie.

The girls all ended up sleeping over due to the storm not letting up.

- Y/N POV -

The morning after the girls freaked out over the storm, I had to wake all the girls up so we could go to school.

"No, it's still raining. Let's just skip school!" Hyein groaned out, refusing to get out of my bed.

"Unless you want Minji to kill you then I suggest you get up," I answered her.

Soon enough, we all headed to school. Haerin was clinging to my arm the entire time while I did my best to make sure not a single raindrop fell on her.

The girls and I parted ways when we arrived on campus. We all headed to our classes for the first half of school.

"Yo, Cap! We're all having lunch together, you wanna join?" Hong Hyeju asked as we walked out of our classroom.

"Sure, I just have to check on Haerin first," I answered her.

"Mind if I walk you?" Hyeju-ssi asked in turn.

"Umm, sure. Why not?" I answered her as we walked through the halls.

Hyeju and I were walking over to Haerin's last class when Hanni suddenly stepped in front of us.

"Hi, Y/n-ah!" Hanni waved.

"Y/n-ah? Since when are we casual?" I asked myself.

"Hi, Hanni-ssi" I replied a bit confused.

Usually, all the Newjeans girls could be found by Haerin's side.... so I was a bit puzzled to see her all by herself.

"On your way to find Haerin?" She asked.

"Umm, yeah," I answered.

Suddenly, Hanni stepped up to grab my tie and I froze.

"Let me help you with this, Haerin won't like it if she sees your tie all loose," she said as she straighten up my tie.

I was a bit nervous that anyone around might take it the wrong way but I didn't want to be rude.

"All good now. Good looking as always," Hanni said as she pulled away and gave me a bright smile.

I wasn't sure how I was supposed to respond, so I just cleared my throat and said.... "Thank you."

- Hanni POV -

I was on my way to find the girls for lunch, when I noticed y/n-ah walking next to a familiar girl.

Lately, I had noticed Hong Hyeju had been spending a lot of time around y/n-ah. It seemed a little suspicious.

For Haerin's sake, I couldn't help but come between them

"Hi, Y/n-ah!" I cheerily greeted y/n, completely ignoring Hyeju.

"I need an excuse, I need an excuse!" I thought to myself. Until I noticed y/n's messy tie.

I walked up to fix y/n's tie and my heart began to race.

I started thinking of how close y/n was and how warm their body felt, even from just a few inches away.

Y/n cleared their throat and I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Thank you," Y/n-ah cutely said.

"Uhh, yeah" I responded a bit shyly.

Hyeju-ssi and y/n then walked around me and continued on their way.

"Anyway, I just need to check up on Haerin and then we can go eat lunch!" I heard y/n tell Hyeju as they walked away.

"I swear, you and your girlfriend are soooo cuteee!!" Hyeju responded.

"Crap!" I whispered to myself once I heard Haerin's name.

My smile began to fade as I realized I was starting to get feelings for y/n-ah.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-