PT. XXV

Narrator

All of Newjeans ended up sleeping over at y/n's place again, causing y/n to have to sleep on the living room couch again.

Over dinner, y/n-ssi had grown a bit jealous of Haerin and Danielle's friendship. They were too touch towards each other.

While y/n had grown uneasy with daerin's friendship.... Haerin was starting to worry about a particular someone herself.

- Haerin POV -

The Saturday after our performance, me and the girls were enjoying the sun in front the house.

"Hey, isn't that Hong Hyeju?" Hyein asked as she pointed at two people walking up the street.

"Y/n-ah!!" I squealed to myself when I noticed y/n walking next to the mentioned girl.

My smile immediately dropped when I noticed the wide smile on y/n's face.

"Y/n-ssi doesn't smile like that to me," I began to think.

"Look Haerin-ei! Y/n is back from the gym!" Dani unnie exclaimed as she grabbed my hand.

Dani unnie and the rest of the girls were the only people, besides y/n-ah, that I didn't feel uncomfortable being touched by.

"Y/n-ssi, how was your workout?" Hyein got up to ask.

Y/n-ssi didn't even hear her because they were too busy saying bye to Hong Hyeju-ssi.

"Y/n-ssi?" I spoked up to get y/n's attention.

"Oh, hey baby!" Y/n-ah cutely responded.

I was about to greet y/n with a kiss, when y/n-ssi suddenly said.... "You two sure hold hands a lot."

"That didn't sound like a nice tone," I thought to myself as I let go of Dani unnie's hand.

Y/n began to walk pass us but stopped once I asked, "Who was that?"

Y/n sighed and turned to look at me.

"That's Hong Hyeju-ssi. She's part of the Martial Arts Club at school. She also works out at the same gym as me and apparently she's our neighbor," Y/n answered me.

"Neighbor?" I whispered as I turned to look at the house next to us.

"Anyway, I'm gonna take a shower. Hope you're all having fun," Y/n said as they kissed my cheek then walked into the house.

"Uuhhhh, someone is jealous!" Hanni unnie joked.

"Don't start," Minji unnie told her.

A few hours went by and we were all still hanging out in the front lawn.

Suddenly, I noticed our neighbor.

"I wonder why I've never seen her before," I whispered to myself.

I turned to look at the front door to find y/n-ah taking out the trash.

"Hey, Cap!" Someone suddenly yelled.

It was our neighbor, leaning up against our fence

"What's up?" Y/n responded as they stepped closer to the fence.

"I'm going to get some ice cream down the street. You wanna come?" Hyeju-ssi asked in turn.

"Sure," Y/n-ah answered her.

"No!" I unconsciously spoke up.

"No?" Y/n-ah turn to ask me.

"No," I said again.

"Getting ice cream is our thing," I whispered.

"Okayy, then I'll take a rain check" Y/n-ah turned to awkwardly tell Hyeju-ssi.

"Alright, your loss!" Hyeju-ssi responded then walked back inside her house.

Y/n-ssi sighed then turned to look at me.

"What was that about?" Y/n-ssi asked in an angry tone.

"Nothing, I just didn't want you getting ice cream with her," I answered.

"Alright," Y/n-ssi answered then headed back inside the house.

"Haerin, you can't do that!" Hanni unnie suddenly said.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I asked her a bit confused.

"Honey, you can't publicly be jealous like that" Minji unnie interjected.

"Yeah, specially when y/n-ssi wasn't doing anything wrong" Hyein-ei spoke up.

"Jealous? I'm not jealous. I just don't know her. I don't trust her," I told them.

"Haerin-ah, that's exactly what being jealous is!" Dani unnie informed me.

"I messed up, didn't I?" I asked as I realized that maybe I was jealous.

The girls all nodded 'yes' in response.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-