PT. XXIII

Narrator

Y/n-ssi wasn't someone to ask so much from their partners.

Usually, y/n just existed in a relationship.... just doing what they were asked to do by their partner and never crossing boundaries.... but with Haerin it was different... y/n always wanted more.

- Y/N POV -

To be honest, it was hard to date Haerin.

I constantly felt alone. I always had to fulfill her needs and not expect anything in return.

There was times where I was having a hard time.... but I couldn't tell her that. I couldn't ask her for a hug or to cuddle me so I could feel better.

I was just sort of... alone.

"Hey, what are you doing out so late?" I suddenly heard someone ask from behind me.

I was out on a walk, probably no further than three blocks from home.

I turned to face the person who spoke.... and it was Karina.

"Umm, just out on a walk. You?" I asked in turn.

"Same," She responded as she continued to walk.

I caught up to her pace and we walked side by side.

"Still dating the little weirdo?" Karina rudely asked.

I sighed and stopped in my tracks.

"Really?" I asked in annoyance.

"I'm sorry. She just gets me so jealous," Karina said in a sincere tone.

"Why is that anyway?" I asked in turn.

"You act so different around her," Karina whispered then continued on walking. I followed.

"Haerin-ssi, she gets to see a lot of you. You never even came over to my house the whole time we were dating.... but she got to move in with you less than two weeks into you meeting her," Karina explained.

"Everytime I saw you two together, she was clinging onto you and you didn't seem to mind.... you weren't with me like that," Karina whispered out.

"Yeah, guess I just like her differently" I answered back.

"But she doesn't feel the same way," I followed up.

Karina stopped in her tracks then turned to look at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean... I don't know. She just said she doesn't love me as much as I love her... that's why I'm out... trying to get some air," I shared with her.

Karina sighed in annoyance and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Y/n, you can be so damn dense sometimes," Karina began to nag.

"Do you wanna know why I hated her so much?" She asked.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"It was easy to tell that she likes you and the worst part.... you like her back," Karina answered.

"Okay, I know that" I told her as I put my hands in my jacket pockets to warm them up.

"No, you don't get it" Karina sighed out.

"I hated the way she looked at you, the way she always ran to you when she was scared, the way I could see her doodling your name on her note book when we were in class, I hated the way that you could just tell that...," Karina explained but paused towards the end.

"You could just tell what?" I asked in frustration.

"You could just tell that she was completely head over heels for you," Karina sighed out.

"Probably more than I ever was," She added.

I took a deep breath, not really knowing what to think.

"Y/n, only you know Haerin-ssi better than anyone else. If she really said that she doesn't love you the same as you love her... than I suggest you ask her why. You're probably the only person she'd answer that question for anyway," Karina advised before pulling me into a hug and continuing on her way.

Karina wasn't really a bad person. She was just influenced by the wrong things sometimes.

I continued on my walk and soon went home.

- Haerin POV -

Y/n had been gone for some time now. I was really worried, so I put on a jacket and sat on the front steps of the house to wait for them.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said what I said," I thought to myself.

A few minutes went by and I started to feel really cold but I didn't want to move, in case y/n-ah came home.

Soon enough, y/n-ssi walked through the front gate and I sighed of relief. I couldn't help myself but run into y/n's arms.

"I was worried sick," I whispered against y/n's chest as y/n held me tight.

"I'm sorry. I just needed some time to think," Y/n whispered back.

"I'm sorry if I said something that bothered you," I said as I pulled away from their embrace.

"Can I ask what you meant by that? What you meant when you said that I love you more than you love me?" Y/n-ssi suddenly asked.

I was a bit tongue-tied by the sudden question.

I knew what I meant... but I wasn't sure how to explain it.

"Y/n, I love you. I really do," I began to look for the right words to say.

"I just feel like... you do more for me than I do for you. You love me more and give me what I need... and most of the time I can't do that in return. I try but I can't. Not the way normal people can...," I tried to explain.

I was starting to feel really uncomfortable by the serious conversation... When suddenly, Y/n-ah pulled me into a hug.

"Don't be silly. Just because we have different love languages doesn't mean we can't love each other the same amount," y/n whispered as they kissed my forehead.

I didn't know what that meant but I could feel the sincerity in y/n's words.

"Come on, let's go inside" Y/n said as they pulled me back into the house.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-