PT. XXIV

Narrator

After a long and emotional weekend, everyone finally got to get some rest.

Haerin ended up cuddling up next to Y/n on their bed. She had no problem falling asleep.

Meanwhile, Y/n was having a hard time falling asleep... the soreness and bruises from their boxing match had caught up to them.

But eventually, Y/n-ssi got some much needed rest too.

- Y/N POV -

When I woke up for school, I couldn't find Haerin-ssi anywhere.

I panicked and ran out the room super worried.

"Where is she?!" I asked Yoongi.

"Relax! She already went to school. Her friends picked her up," Yoongi responded.

I sighed of relief and then went back in my room to get ready for school.

On my way to class, I was actually kind of happy that Haerin had a social life. Unlike me.... all I do with my life is go to school, work, and play sports.

When I got to school, I walked through the halls and was surpised to find Haerin in her club room.

Minji and her acapella group called themselves "Newjeans"... so I was a bit surprised to see Newjeans in their club room so early.

I peeked my head in to see what was going on and Haerin immediately squealed.

"BABBEEE!" She yelled.

This was the first time Haerin had called me that. So, it made my heart flutter.

"When did you leave home? I didn't even hear you leave," I asked Haerin as she pecked my lips.

"We have a showcase coming soon. So, we picked her up at about 6am," Danielle-ssi suddenly responded.

"Oh... okay. Fighting!" I awkwardly answered as I felt like I had stepped some sort of boundary.

"Mhm, we have our first showcase of the new semester. I'm really excited! You're coming right? I really want you to be there. It's going to be fun, I promise!" Haerin suddenly started to blah out as she clinged to my arms.

"Frog, relax. I'm sure Y/n-ssi will be there," Hanni suddenly spoke up.

"Yes, of course. I will be there!" I agreed.

"Okay!" Haerin giggled out.

The room suddenly went silent. I felt so awkward with the weird tension filling up the room.

"Well, okay! We need to practice. So, come back after school," Minji suddenly said as she started to push me out the room.

"Ummm... okay," I thought to myself.

I wasn't sure if maybe I had interrupted something or maybe I had done something. I wasn't sure if I should feel weird about that odd interaction with Haerin's friends or not.

Ultimately, I just shrugged it off.

As I walked up to my locker, someone suddenly put their arm around me and I flinched.

"Relax, it's just me!" Felix chuckled out.

"Oh," I shortly responded.

"Heard you won a boxing match this weekend," Felix informed me.

"And how would you know that?" I coldly asked him as I opened up my locker.

"Hyeju told me," He answered me.