PT. CXVI

Narrator

After spending just one day with Y/n, Haerin couldn't bare the situation. It was all so foreign to her.

It was a lot easier for Haerin to adjust to some lost memories than none.

Y/n was doing their best but they really didn't know who they were or what they were supposed to do to make everyone around them feel okay.

- Y/N POV -

I felt really bad all day.

Haerin....

I could tell that she felt bad for me and I felt bad for her.

Haerin was doing her best to try to remind me of things and asked a lot of questions about how I felt.

But... I couldn't answer any of her questions.

I had no idea who she was or what she wanted from me.

The letters and everything on the wall helped a bit but at the end of the day... I still had no idea what all that information was or how I'm supposed to feel about it.

"Are you alright?" I asked Haerin as she got ready for bed.

I could tell that she felt uncomfortable. She wasn't very good at hiding her facial expressions.

"I might not be who you're use to knowing and I might not know who you are or what you're like but I'm willing to help. You can talk to me," I tried to comfort her once she didn't respond.

"I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! THIS IS TOO MUCH!" Haerin suddenly screamed out.

"I AM SO OVERWHELMED. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL OR ACT OR KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR YOU! IT HURTS SO MUCH!" She kept crying out.

I could feel my eyes swelling up with tears.

I didn't know what I was suppose to do.

"I CAN'T UNDERSTAND!!" Haerin cried out as she repeatedly hit her forehead with her fists over and over again.

I freaked out a bit at her suddenly breakdown.

"Woah, woah, woah! It's okay!" I grabbed both of her hands to keep her from hitting herself.

"Come here," I pulled her into my arms.

I felt really bad that Haerin was so stressed. I just keep wishing that I could remember anything.

"Tighter!" Haerin mumbled.

"Huh?" I asked a bit confused.

"Hug me tighter!" She whimpered.

I did as she asked and hugged her as tight as I could.

I could instantly feel Haerin start to calm down. 

The whole time I was holding back my tears.

"If this is what it's going to be like with her. I'm not sure if I'm ready," I thought to myself.

"Why can't you just remember me?" Haerin whispered.

It had become clear to me that Haerin had depended on me a lot and loved me so much more than I thought.

Apparently, I did too. Based on the fact that I made a whole wall of memories....

Just to remember her.

"Why would I have to remember you when you're right here?" I whispered to try to ease her pain.

"We can make new memories, right? We can be together in this moment without having to forget," I kissed her forehead as I stroked her back.

"Yeah?" Haerin sniffled as she pulled away from me.

"Y-you're okay with that? Making new memories? Even though I'm a stranger?" She kept sniffling like a little kid.

"Yes," I answered without hesitation.

"Clearly you love me a lot and I did too. Based on the crazy wall collage thing I have going on there," I chuckled pointing to the wall.

My statement seemed to make Haerin giggle.

- Haerin POV -

I was very stressed the whole day.

I thought that I'd be okay with Y/n not remembering me, since I had already seen Y/n forget me before, but this was different.

I couldn't bare to see the empty look in Y/n's eyes.

Y/n really was gone.

I wasn't prepared for this.

"Umm... do you wanna cuddle?" Y/n suddenly asked me as they laid on their bed.

"I read on one of the letters that you like to cling on to me while you sleep," Y/n explained.

I took a deep breath.

I really wanted to but I didn't want to make Y/n uncomfortable.

"No. It's okay. You don't even know who you are, you don't have to be nice to me to make me feel better," I answered.

"Okay," Y/n sighed.

The room went quiet for a bit.

It felt a little uncomfortable. So, I decided to turn lights off to go to sleep.

"I feel lost, afraid, and all alone...," Y/n suddenly whispered in the darkness.

"Being in someone's arms would feel really comforting right now. Even if it's a stranger," Y/n turned on their side to look at me.

I felt like I wanted to cry again.

"I always used to run into your arms when I wanted to cry," I whispered.

Y/n suddenly got up from their bed and walked over to mine. They laid down next to me with arms wide open.

"Come here," Y/n whispered.

I couldn't help myself and immediately rushed into Y/n's arms.

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Short Chapter :/