PT. LXXXI

Narrator

Ever since Haerin left, Y/n had be quieter than ever. Y/n wouldn't eat or sleep and spent all their time boxing and studying.

Every so often, when Y/n felt lost or extremely lonely, they listened to Newjeans' songs or watch their showcase videos.

It was rough but Y/n wanted to respect Haerin's decision.

- Minji POV -

Y/n's state seemed to have gotten worse. I didn't know why until this morning when I was at the high school trying to make sure that the girls were getting ready for our next performance.

Haerin had arrived to school in a blackout car, being driven by Yoongi Oppa's driver. I didn't really think much of it until I asked if Y/n would be attending our performance.

Haerin just coldly answered, "Y/n-ssi and I broke up weeks ago."

She then explained that she had moved back on her own with Bangle and was now seeing a doctor to help her with her spectrum diagnosis. Yoongi Oppa would check up on her at least twice a week... but when it came to Y/n... she had completely cut them out.

Haerin's explanation for the break up made sense and seemed for the best.... but now I was afraid that Y/n wouldn't survive without the care of someone.

"Wanna come over to my place?" I asked Y/n-ssi as we finished our last class of the day.

"Still on that?" Y/n responded in an annoyed tone.

"No, I'm not. Plus why would it matter if you and Haerin are broken up now," I answered back in the same tone.

"I'm sorry but a dog is forever loyal to it's owner," Y/n coldly replied before walking away from me.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance before yelling, "I was just trying to be nice!"

"Yeah, right!" Y/n yelled back as they continue to be on their way.

- Y/N POV -

I kept holding on to the hope that Haerin just needed time. That maybe she was going through something that she didn't wanna share with me or that she felt like she needed to handle it on her own.

I had almost made it home when it suddenly started to rain.

Out of instinct, I grabbed my umbrella out of my backpack and ran down to the high school.

When I arrived, I realized I was soaking wet.

I hadn't used my umbrella at all or even paid attention to the rain. All I wanted was to make sure Haerin was okay..... but she was.

When I arrived to the front gate of the school, I saw Haerin walking across the street with an umbrella.... unafraid and confident to be in the rain.

I couldn't help but stare down on at my feet and began to cry.

Haerin seemed more than okay without me.

And it's not that I didn't think that she wasn't capable of being on her own.... it's that I loved taking care of her.

My love language was taking care of her.

But she didn't need me anymore.

And that's why she had dumped me.

I stood in rain without consciousness of it. I was just crying as if the raindrops falling were my own.

Suddenly, I felt the rain stop but I could still hear the sound it made.