PT. LXVIII

Narrator

The day started and ended without a worry in anyone's mind.

Yoongi and his friends spent the day lounging around the house while Haerin and her friends spent it out by the beach.

Y/n-ssi, on the other hand.... just watched.

- Eunwoo POV -

I was surprised to find people coming in and out of Yoongi sunbaenim's family beach house.

I had come to help my parents with their ice cream business every summer for the last 6 years, and all those years, I had never seen the house occupied

I was even more surprised that the occupants of the house for the next week were my old school's new golden girls, the girls known as "Newjeans".

Seeing Yoongi Hyung again was such a nice experience for this year's summer, but meeting Haerin-ssi and her friends was even better.

"Are you okay?" I asked Haerin as I saw her struggle to cut open an avocado.

I turned to my side to watch Y/n ignoring her. Every so often, Y/n would look at her but then shrug it off as if she wasn't struggling.

Haerin didn't seem to have heard me, so I spoke up again... "Let me help you with that."

As I was about to grab the knife from Haerin's hands... Y/n stepped in.

"She doesn't need your help. She can do it on her own," Y/n coldly stared at me.

"Uuhh, actually umm... can I get some help?" Haerin-ssi suddenly spoke up.

"YE!!" I nervously responded.

"Uhh, I'm sorry sunbaenim. I was talking to Y/n-ssi!" Awkwardly replied.

I felt a bit stupid and embarrassed. "O-oh o-okay," I stuttered out.

Y/n then grabbed the knife from Haerin-ssi and helped her out.

"Pst, idiot! I told you she needed help!" I scoffed to myself.

I must admit.

Meeting Haerin was the highlight of my summer. It felt like we were destined to meet.

All my life, people like her had gravitated toward me. I always found myself helping people and learning about different ways of life.... meeting Haerin-ssi sort of just felt like it was one of those again.

The only difference was.... this time... I fell in love at first sight.

"Here you go!" Y/n exclaimed, handing Haerin her avocado.

I would be lying if I said find out that Haerin was dating someone didn't upset me. Of course, it did.

Y/n-ssi seemed a little too hot and cold for my liking.

I didn't want Haerin-ssi to get stuck in a complicated relationship just because Y/n was the only person to probably have shown her love until now.

"Channnn!!!" The boys all yelled.

Yoongi, Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook had been drinking all afternoon.

The unnies of Haerin's friend group began to drink as the sun started to set.

I had a few drinks myself... but to my knowledge... Y/n and Haerin had not drank at all.

"Relax, have a beer!" I told Y/n as I opened up a beer bottle for them.

"I'm okay. I don't want to drink right now, thank you!" Y/n replied.

"Oh come on, it's not like your girlfriend is gonna get mad at you. Relax!!!" I exclaimed.

"It's okay, you deserve a beer Y/n-ssi!" Haerin suddenly joined in.

"Yeaaahh, Y/n-ssi! Have a beer!" I drunkenly spoke.

"Umm, okay" Y/n awkwardly responded as they took the beer from me.

"Cheers?" Y/n asked Haerin.

"I'm not drinking," Haerin cutely replied.

I couldn't help but snicker at her cute answer.

"Why would you say cheers when all she has is an avocado in her hands?" I thought to myself.

"Here," Y/n responded as they poured Haerin a glass of water.

Haerin grabbed the glass and clashed glasses with Y/n-ssi.

"Ahhh okay, CHANNN!!!" Haerin cutely cheered.

I watched jealously as Haerin stuck with Y/n like a lost puppy.

Music started playing, and Haerin pulled out her earplugs.... still even with the noise... she didn't leave Y/n's side... no matter how loud it got.

"Jerk, not considerate of her possibility sensitive ears!" I scoffed to myself.

As the night went on, everyone kept hanging out or drinking. Eventually, the karaoke machines came out.

The whole night, I had noticed someone in particular couldn't get their eyes off Y/n.

It was Minji-ssi.

It was obvious she had a thing for Y/n.

I grabbed two new beers and then walked over to offer her one.

"It hurts when the people we love... love someone else... doesn't it?" I asked as a conversation started.

"What do you mean?" Minji-ssi answered as she grabbed the beer I was handing her.

"I think you know what I mean," I replied as I nodded my head in the direction of Haerin and Y/n.

They had been snuggling on the sofa all night. Y/n was still nursing the one beer for hours.

"I think the only thing that's sad is when people don't accept that sometimes someone else's happiness won't ever make sense to us," Minji-ssi smugly replied before walking away.

"She's got claws," I thought to myself as I watched her walk away.

I took another sip of my beer when I caught sight of the couple again. I then sighed and attempted to just ignore my feelings of jealousy.

After a few minutes, I noticed Haerin-ssi walked over to the kitchen. She grabbed a tomato and a knife.

"Oh no!" I thought to myself as I chugged the rest of my beer.

Soon enough, I heard the "Oowww!" Scream.

Haerin-ssi had cut her finger.

"Are you okay?! I got it!" Y/n-ssi quickly responded before I could.

Y/n wrapped a paper towel around Haerin's finger, and it made my blood boil.

I walked over to Y/n and pushed them off Haerin. "SHE WOULDN'T BE BLEEDING IF YOU TOOK PROPER CARE OF HER!!!" I screamed.

"What?!" Y/n replied like an idiot.

"If you know she can't use a knife, why the hell do you let her use a knife?!? What kind of person are you to let your loved one do something that they can't!!?!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Eunwoo!" I heard Yoongi Hyung yell... but I was too upset to pay attention.

"YOU DON'T FUCKING DESERVE HER, YOU F-"

Was the last thing I managed to scream out before feeling a hard fist to my face...

"Stop screaming, you're hurting frog's ears..."

Was the last thing I muffly hear before blacking out.

-

-

-

-

-

-