PT. XCIX

Narrator

The next day, Y/n was taken to the operation room. The surgery took several hours and everyone waiting around patiently.

The other Newjeans girls would come in and out of the hospital while Haerin and Minji refused to leave to even rest. Wonyoung had come to visit too but had to return to work. Kazuha even stopped by with Sakura.

The only reason so many people kept going in and out of the hospital was because everyone was scared that this would be the last time they ever saw Y/n alive.

Little did everyone know.....

The Doctor had made a mistake.

- Haerin POV -

Y/n had been sleeping for a long long time. It had been almost 12 hours since Y/n got out of their surgery.... but still Y/n kept sleeping.

"Maybe we should wake her up?" I whispered to Yoongi Oppa.

"We just have to wait until Y/n-ei wakes up on their own," Oppa answered.

Oppa looked stressed and he seemed a bit more worried that before.

"What if Y/n gets hungry? Or needs to use the bathroom?" I asked Oppa.

"Haerin, just wait," Minji unnie suddenly told me.

"Okay," I answered a bit embarrassed.

It felt like everyone else in the room knew something I didn't.

Everyone kept avoiding to look at me and when I spoke, everyone just sort of shut me down.

A few more hours went by and Y/n was still asleep.

At this point, Minji unnie had gone to get us food, Karina unnie had gone home to rest, and Yoongi Oppa had fallen asleep on the sofa of the hospital room.

"Y/n hasn't bathed in two days," I started thinking to myself.

I started to get concern on if Y/n maybe needed a bath.

Y/n took a shower everyday, sometimes twice a day, and it was because Y/n got warm really easily.

It was one of the main reasons I actually enjoyed cuddling with Y/n-ah... because their body always felt so soft and warm.

"Y/n probably needs a bath," I whispered to myself.

I walked into the hospital room's bathroom, grabbed a wash bowl, a few wash clothes, and some soap. I then put some water into the bowl and walked over to help Y/n cleaned themselves a bit while they slept.

I had watched a lot of shows and movies where loved ones would wash up their bedridden friend or family member.

I gently grabbed Y/n's arm and began to wipe them off with soap water.

"Thank you," I suddenly heard someone whisper.

I looked down to find that Y/n had finally opened their eyes.

"You're awake!" I exclaimed in pure happiness.

"Mhm, is that my brother?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, let me wake him up!" I answered and hurried over to shake Oppa wake.

"Oh, you're up!" Oppa said in surprise.

"Yeah," Y/n-ah answered with a bit of a chuckle.

"Where are mom and dad?" Y/n questioned.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Y/n knew both of our parents were dead.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi Oppa asked a bit confused.