PT. LXVI

Narrator

"Eunwoo, this is my dongsaeng Y/n-ah!" Yoongi introduced Eunwoo to Y/n-ssi.

"And these are-"

"Newjeans!" Eunwoo-ssi interjected.

Y/n and Yoongi turned their heads to look at each other in confusion but Eunwoo began to explain.

"I met the girls earlier. I've also seen their viral performances. So I'm a fan," He informed the group.

"Ahh, okay~" Yoongi responded.

Eunwoo had called up Yoongi and Yoongi ended up inviting him for dinner.

- Y/N POV -

After dinner, everyone was lounging around... while I, kept an eye on Eunwoo-ssi.

He had been talking to Haerin the whole time and I couldn't help but clench my fist in jealousy. Haerin seemed to be enjoying his attention.

"Here, try to relax" Hanni said as she handed me a beer.

Hanni, Minji, and I all sat on the sofa across from Eunwoo and Haerin while Dani and Hyein played video games. Yoongi was watching us all from the kitchen as he served himself some wine.

"So, where on the spectrum are you?" Eunwoo-ssi suddenly asked Haerin.

I was about to get up and sit next to them when Minji pulled me back down. Hanni then placed her hand on my thigh to keep me from moving.

"Don't make a scene," Minji leaned in to whisper.

I rolled my eyes at her in annoyance and attempted to muffle out my hearing to prevent myself from getting jealous.

A few minutes went by and I finally decided to pay attention to Haerin and Eunwoo-ssi again.

"You do it like this," Eunwoo said as he tried to teach Haerin some sign language.

"Ahhh~" Haerin cutely responded.

I bit my tongue out of jealousy. I hated the way he was looking at her and I hated the way she was smiling at him. That smile is only for me. I should be the only reason for that smile.

"Sometimes kids with down syndrome have a hard time with speech so they learn an alternative language. Sign language is also just a good skill to ha-"

Eunwoo-ssi was explaining something to Haerin when I couldn't bite my tongue anymore.

"Autism and Down syndrome are two different things," I interrupted with a bitter tone.

"I know," Eunwoo coldly replied.

"But there are similarities," He added with a smug look.

"They're two distinctive things," I rebutted.

- Haerin POV -

Y/n-ssi was acting a bit rude.

It was hurting my feelings that Y/n wasn't being nice to Eunwoo-ssi like they are with everyone else.

Eunwoo was being nice to me and teaching me things. I couldn't understand why Y/n-ssi wasn't being nice too.

"Just ignore Y/n-ah, they get overprotective of their girlfriend!" Yoongi oppa suddenly said as he handed Eunwoo-ssi a glass of wine.

"So, does Y/n-ssi treat you well?" Eunwoo-ssi suddenly asked.

I nodded in response. I was a bit caught off guard by the sudden question.

"Like does Y/n ever make you feel like you can't do things or ever make you feel like your disability is something to be ashamed of?" Eunwoo-ssi followed up.

I thought about it for a bit.

I thought about it for so long that I began to second guess myself.

"Y/n-ah does a lot to make Haerin understand that she's just like everyone else. I don't think I've ever seen Y/n disrespect Haerin like that," Yoongi oppa suddenly interjected.

My mind started to drift. I had become caught up in Eunwoo-ssi' question.

"Disability?" I whispered to myself.

Eunwoo seemed to have heard and answered, "Yeah, I'm sure you must have a lot of disadvantages that require assistance. Like opening jars or having trouble interacting with people."

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Those are disadvantages? That's a disability?" I asked in turned.

Of course, I know about my developmental and psychological challenges and I understood what they were but I had never had someone ask or explain things to me in the way Eunwoo-ssi was.

"Well, yeah. Do you not struggle with that?" Eunwoo-ssi followed up.

"Well yeah but Y/n-ssi told me that those things are normal. Sometimes people can't open a jar or randomly lose strength. There are also people who are just quiet or don't like to interact with people and that's normal too," I responded in confusion.

"That's true, I had a hard time opening the wine bottle. All of a sudden all my strength gave out and I couldn't pull out the cork," Yoongi oppa pitched in.

I began to feel a bit uneasy.

I wasn't sure if should be trusting Eunwoo-ssi' intentions. He seemed very friendly and was treating me very nicely but I just couldn't tell.

I tried so hard to use all my skills to judge his character myself.... but I ended up giving up.

"Y/n-ssi?" Eunwoo-ssi suddenly questioned.

"I thought you two weren't dating?" He asked.

"We are!" I answered him as I felt my cheeks begin to warm up.

I then turned to look at Y/n-ssi and noticed Hanni unnie and Minji unnie had their hands on Y/n.

Hanni unnie had her hand holding Y/n's thigh while Minji unnie was holding Y/n's fist.

My temperature began to rise and I got off my seat to go seat on Y/n's lap.

"Mine!" I hissed at my friends then snuggled into Y/n's neck.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-