PT. XCVI

Narrator

For the rest of the Summer, Y/n and Yoongi stayed at The Mansion. All of the girls would come and go into the house as they pleased, while Haerin and the rest of Newjeans made their official debut.

Y/n and Karina both made sure to attend every stage, showcase, and event.

Because of the debut, Y/n-ssi started to feel a bit left out. They were starting to get a little lonely and a bit depressed over not being able to spend much time with Haerin.

- Haerin POV-

Y/n-ah was acting weird. They would take a long time to text back or wouldn't want to answer my calls.

I wasn't able to talk much because I had busy schedule but I always made sure to take time to check in with Y/n.

I hadn't been able to get a hold of Y/n-ah in about two days. So, I consulted Karina Unnie.

She was Y/n-ssi' best friend after all. So, I figured she'd be able to help me understand what was going on with them.

"You know how at times sometimes people don't talk directly about how they feel?" Karina Unnie asked me over the phone.

"No," I simply answered.

I really wasn't sure what it was that she was asking.

"Ummm, okay," Unnie said.

Karina Unnie then got quiet. It seemed like maybe she was thinking or may just wanted silence. I don't really know.

"Y/n-ah doesn't always say their true feelings. Just like you might hide your feelings because you're afraid of being judged or maybe because it's something you don't want anyone to know," Karina Unnie explained.

"Well, Y/n-ah is the same," Unnie informed me.

I thought about it for a second and it made sense.

"Are you saying Y/n is hiding their feelings from me and not talking to me make me so I don't feel bad?" I asked for clarification.

"I think that Y/n is probably taking time to adjust to this new life style of being away from you for so long... BUT... what I think doesn't matter. If you're really worried about Y/n then you should talk to them and ask them these questions," Unnie suggested.

Karina Unnie had been very supportive of me lately. She always answered my stupid questions and showed up to cheer me on stage.

"Okay," I shortly responded.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" Unnie said before hanging up.

I felt a bit uneasy about our conversation.

I wasn't uncomfortable with her or how she behaved.... I was more uncomfortable with her suggestions.

Y/n-ssi was never really the type to tell me how they were honestly feeling. Y/n only told me the surface things..... the other deep stuff... I only found out about when Y/n got sick or angry or ended up in the hospital.

- Karina POV -

"You ready to meet my best friend?" I asked my new boyfriend, Cha Eunwoo.

I had met him at the beginning of the school year. Y/n was too worried about what Haerin was doing or if she was okay or being treated well to hangout anymore.

So, I met a cute boy to keep me company.

I rang the doorbell of Yoongi Oppa's mansion and after a few seconds... Y/n-ah opened the door.