PT. XXXIX

Narrator

While Y/n-ssi rode the bus next to Haerin to their destination, they couldn't help but feel like the school faculty set them up to be Haerin's chaperone for the day.

It was an unease feeling for Y/n.

Y/n hated to feel like they were some sort of babysitter or permanent caretaker for Haerin. So, the whole day, Y/n-ssi was acting a bit off.

- Y/N POV -

We had arrived at the museum and the field trip was fully on it's way.

I felt a bit uneasy watching Haerin run around the museum with her friends. I felt like some sort of parent.

"I'm sure she's really happy you're here," Ms. Kwon said to the side of me.

"She doesn't need me here to be happy and have fun," I awkwardly responded... trying not to rude.

Ms. Kwon snickered a bit and said.... "I think you underestimate how much you mean to her."

Ms. Kwon and I parted ways as I got pulled to a specific exhibit by Haerin-ssi.

"Y/n-ssi, did you know that fingerprints are made up of residue that is 98.5% water?" Haerin cutely told me.

"Really?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"Mhm, that's what creates the outline of your fingerprint" Haerin-ssi cutely responded.

I couldn't stop smiling. I just stood there and admired her.

"Are you alright? Why are you staring at me like that?" Haerin suddenly asked.

"You're just so smart," I responded with a wide smile.

"First I'm pretty and now I'm smart? I think I really like this day," Haerin-ssi giggled out.

Haerin then ran off to her friends and I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She seemed to notice and skipped her way back to me.

"Why do you keep staring at me like that, Y/n-ssi?" Haerin giggled out as she cutely batted her eyes at me.

"I'm just starting to realize you're the perfect woman to spend the rest of my life with," I spoke without thinking.

"Really?" Haerin asked with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Yes," I responded as I leaned down to kiss her lips.

Danielle-ssi and Hyein-ah suddenly approached us.

"Oh, get a room you two!" Dani-ssi joke.

Me and Haerin pulled away from our kiss and giggled.

"Do you want to go to the bathroom with me?" Haerin-ssi suddenly asked.

"Oh come on, you're not a little kid. You can go to the bathroom by yourself," I answered her.

"I'll go with you, Unnie!!" Hyein exclaimed as she linked her arm with Haerin's.

The both went on their way and I was left with Danielle.

"Well that was kind of rude," Dani commented.

"Well, she's not a kid. She can go to the bathroom by herself!" I sighed in frustration.

"I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing this isn't about Haerin acting or being treated like a child," Dani spoke.

I took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Why does it bother you so much?" Dani asked.

I sighed and sat on a bench nearby.

"So?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I just don't like to feel like I'm her guardian or her sibling or her fucking chaperone. She's my girlfriend.... she's not a child," I sighed out.

Danielle-ssi took a deep breath and then took a seat next to me.

"You wanna know why we all like you so much?" She leaned over to tell me.

I didn't say anything in response.

"Because as much as you hate to treat her like a child, you take care of her.... you go above and beyond anyone has ever gone for her," Dani said to me.

"Haerin needs a different kind of love and you give that to her. You tie her shoes when she can't do it herself, you let her suck on your lip because she hates the way regular kissing feels, and you sacrificed a whole entire day just to make sure that she doesn't have to face this scary world all by herself. If you ask me, no guardian or siblings or chaperone would do all three for a person," Dani tried to comfort me as she playfully leaned in to bump into me.

"Thanks," I chuckled.

Haerin and Hyein both came back from the bathroom and my heart stopped at the sight of my beautiful girlfriend.

If only I spent as much time appreciating my girlfriend's best traits as I do worrying about her being seen as a child.... then Haerin wouldn't be surprised that I called her pretty or smart or that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I got up from my seat and walked over to Haerin. I placed my hand on top of her head and use the other to cup her face.

"I love you," I whispered to her.

Haerin took my hand off her head then placed a soft kiss on it.

"I love you too," She whispered.

- Haerin POV -

Y/n-ssi had been acting a bit odd all day.

I didn't know why but I liked it.

Y/n had called me pretty and smart for the first time. My heart was even beating like crazy all day after Y/n-ssi said I was the perfect woman to spend their life with.

It made it even better that Y/n-ssi said, "woman", instead of girl or person. Y/n always knew how to make me feel special.

Y/n didn't treat me like a little kid or like I was someone who required 24/7 assistance.

"I'm really happy you came on the trip with me," I whispered to Y/n-ssi as I rested my hand on their shoulder.

We were on the bus, making our way back to the school.

"I had a lot of fun," Y/n whispered back as they kissed my forehead.

"Psstt, pssstt" We suddenly heard someone whisper from the back of the bus.

We both turned back to look at who it was.

It was Hong Eunchae-ssi.

"Y/n-ssi, don't you have a fight in like 45 minutes?" Eunchae asked.

Y/n looked at their watch and answered, "Yup."

"But we still have an hour till we get to school!" Eunchae-ssi informed us.

"Oh well," Y/n responded then turned back to seat properly on their seat.

I did the same and sighed to myself.

"This is my fault!" I whispered out as I hit my Knowles on my forehead in frustration.

Y/n-ssi suddenly grabbed my hand from my fist and pulled me into their arms.

"I'm so sorry. It's my fault you're going to miss your fight!" I whispered to Y/n-ssi.

"It's not your fault," Y/n responded.

"It is! If only I hadn't dragged you on this trip!" I told them as I lifted my head up to look at Y/n.

Y/n-ssi pulled me back down into their arms and held me. "You're more important than some stupid fight!" Y/n whispered as they kissed the side of my head.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author' Note: How's the story so far? Is it getting boring? :/