PT. CIX

Narrator

Minji ended up running after Y/n in case Y/n forgot how to get back to the dorm.

Meanwhile, Haerin had stayed back to help Yoongi with his wounds.

"Your wounds look a lot worse than any I've seen on Y/n-ssi," Haerin told Yoongi.

"That's because Y/n's a good boxer. Could have killed me if that's what they wanted," Yoongi replied.

"Don't say that. Y/n wouldn't hurt you like that," Haerin answered.

Yoongi got quiet as Haerin cleaned up his blood and put ointment all over his face.

"Y/n only remembers how I used to be. When I was a really bad brother....," Yoongi started to share.

"I always left Y/n hanging. I was never there when I said I would be. I would like and never come visit at the group home. All I care was about not being looked down on.... all I cared about was myself....," He told Haerin.

- Minji POV -

I was frantically looking around for Y/n.

I had forgotten how good of a runner Y/n was.

What sucked the most was that I knew I had to hurry in hopes to not get spotted by any fans or tabloids.

"Dammit, where did you go?" I thought to myself as I ran through the nearby park.

I wasn't fully aware of what had happened but it didn't look good.

Finally, I found Y/n swinging on a swing.

"There you!" I exclaimed out of breath.

"Oh, hi Minji-ssi," Y/n lowly responded.

It always hurt that Y/n never remembered me. I was just a classmate and Haerin's friend.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I got down to face Y/n.

"I- I- I don't wanna forget everything," Y/n stuttered out.

"You won't. We'll all help you," I whispered as I grabbed Y/n's hands to comfort them.

"But I don't remember getting that tattoo or proposing to Haerin. I don't even remember the first few days after the hospital," Y/n shared.

It seemed like Yoongi and Haerin had finally noticed that Y/n was having a hard time with new memories too.

I had recently noticed myself when I texted Y/n for comforting me during our cabin trip.

I couldn't sleep because I was so worried about Y/n and Eunwoo being in the same roof so I was just pacing around the cabin.

Y/n had come out to check up on me after hearing someone walking around the house.

Y/n gave me a hug that night and told me that they'd promise not to get into more fights with Eunwoo.

We stayed up to talk for a few minute but then I ended up heading to bed.

When I texted Y/n....

Y/n texted back... "Lol sorry. I don't remember that."

I thought maybe it was because Y/n was half asleep but I guess not.

"Come on. Let's get back to the dorm before we get in trouble," was all I managed to say.... not knowing how to comfort Y/n.

On our walk back to the dorm, we walked in silence.

We reached the dorm and we're about to walk in when Y/n suddenly stopped.

"Minji, I'm sorry that I forgot about you... and.. I'm sorry for when I can't remember you anymore," Y/n whispered.

I took a deep breath and wrapped my arms around Y/n's arms for a hug. I kissed their and sighed as my heart broke.

"You know, you and Haerin are in a very unique position," I held Y/n's hands.

"You're both very special and even after the endless string of really bad things that have happened to the both of you... you're bond has never faded...," I felt my voice start to get shaky and I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Even if you forget everything and can't make new memories, we'll always be here for you. We'll hold your memories for you and love you unconditionally. Haerin will always be by your side just like everyone else," I breathed out.

"Thank you," Y/n whispered before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

We then headed into the dorm.

- Haerin POV -

Minji unnie finally returned with Y/n.

They were holding hands.

It made my heart sink deeper than it already had.

One of my biggest fears since Y/n lost their memories was that Y/n would forget me completely and fall in love with someone else.

"I'm sorry for causing a scene," Y/n said embarrassed as they squeezed Unnie's hand.

"I should have ran after you myself," I thought to myself.

"It's fine. You're right. I should have told you everything I knew so we could all prepare," Yoongi Oppa suddenly spoke up.

"Girls, Y/n... Y/n is starting to lose... lose their memories. New ones. It's possible that Y/n might not be able to remember anything anymore," Oppa told everyone.

I wasn't paying any attention to what he was saying. I was too focused on the fact that Y/n and Minji unnie were still holding hands.

I couldn't take it anymore and I angrily got up to pull Y/n away from Unnie.

"Are you alright?" Y/n-ssi asked.

"I'm tired. We're going to sleep!" I angrily responded, dragging Y/n back to my room.

"Haerin, what's the matter?" Y/n asked once we got in the room.

I couldn't help but to run into Y/n's arms for a hug.

"Please don't forget me," I sobbed.

Y/n strokes my back as they held me tight.

"Promise you won't forget me," I whispered.

Y/n just kissed the roof of my head and held me tighter.

I pulled away to find Y/n silently crying.

"I don't wanna forget you," Y/n cupped my face.

Y/n leaned down to press their soft lips on mine and my heart began to race.

"Don't forget me, okay?" I whispered against Y/n lips.

Y/n just nodded slowly before deepening the kiss.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Poor Haerin :'(