PT. XVII

Narrator

Y/n was having an internal battle with themselves as they fixed up their uniform.

In one hand Y/n-ssi didn't want to fix their uniform so Haerin has a reason to touch them... but on the other hand, y/n knew that Haerin hated messiness.

Haerin would get all neurotic and upset when y/n-ssi left their clothes around the room or didn't put away their homework right away.

Haerin would sometimes even get up in the middle of the night, because she didn't like that y/n-ssi would not put things away in a neat order.

Ultimately, after about 7 minutes of fighting with themselves... Y/n-ssi fixed up their tie and tucked in their uniform shirt.

Y/n-ssi didn't want to trigger Haerin just to get a bit more attention than usual.

- Y/N POV -

After I fixed my uniform, I headed out the bathroom and accidentally bumped into someone.

When I lifted my head to apologize.... I was met with yet another familiar face. A very familiar face actually.

"Yeji," I whispered under my breath.

"Oh, y/n. What are you doing here?" Yeji asked.

Yeji and I had dated. We ended up having a mutual and calm break up.

We found it too hard to date while attending different schools, so that's why we ended up breaking up.

"I go to school here now," I answered her.

"Since when?" She followed up.

"Today," I answered her.

"Aahh, so you're the new kid that got into a fight with Haruto!" She suddenly exclaimed.

I sighed and shook my head in embarrassment.

"Still haven't gotten over your anger issues, huh?" Yeji softly asked.

"Actually, I'm doing much better now" I answer as we both started to unconsciously walk towards the sitting area of the café.

"After going through so many things, not many things faze me anymore" I told her.

"Right and not being fazed is why you got into a fight this morning," Yeji sarcastically responded.

I chuckled at her sudden playful attack.

"Y/n-ssi, look what Dani unnie drew me!" Haerin suddenly came out of nowhere putting a piece of paper up to my face.

I giggled at how excited Haerin looked. I then grabbed the paper and admired the sloppily drawn cat and what appeared to be an apple or something next to it.

"It's a frog and a tomato. It's tomato frog!" Haerin cutely said.

Haerin had this odd obsession with frogs. She would not stop talking about them nonstop. She even knew all these fun facts that were actually quite interesting.

Haerin-ssi suddenly noticed the presence of Yeji and completely shut down. She then seemed to try to hid behind me but I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. The motion caused Haerin to wrap her arms around my torso.

"Yeji, this is my girlfriend Kang Haerin-" I began to introduce them to each other until Yeji rudely said.... "Oh the special needs kid!"

I scoffed at her disrespect.

"Ah Yeji, I see you've met our two new transfers!" Minji exclaimed, coming out of nowhere.

"Aahh president! Yes, we were just talking" Yeji responded.

Minji-ssi then turned to look at me and Haerin, saying "This is Hwang Yeji. She'd the captain of the dance team and my vice president."

"Vice president?" I thought to myself.

"Yeji, this is y/n-ssi and Hae-"..... Yeji didn't even let Minji finish what she was saying before bitterly saying... "Yeah, I know who they are. Y/n-ei and I used to date."

Haerin suddenly let go of me and I gave Yeji a death glare. Yeji gave me a smirk in return then started to walk away.

"Well... that was awkward," Hanni-ssi said from behind us all.... trying to break the tension.

With all the tension Yeji had created, the girls ended their study session early.

Haerin and I walked back home in silence.

I wasn't sure what Haerin was thinking. I didn't want to just say something or assume anything. That's always caused miscommunication between us.... so, I just stayed quiet.

We got home, ate dinner with my brother, then put on our pajamas.

I had just finished brushing my teeth when I noticed Haerin getting ready to get into bed. I walked over to my desk lamp to turn it off when Haerin suddenly asked, "Am I good enough for you?"

I turned to look at her and narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"Of course you are you," I answered her as I stepped up to her.

"If anything, I feel like I'm not good enough for you..." I whispered to her.

"You've dated all these really pretty girls, I don't feel like I'm even near close to their level," Haerin responded as she tried to avoid my eyes.

"Haerin, you're gorgeous... and you're so smart that none of those girls could ever even compare to you. Of course you're not on their level, because you're much better than them," I spoke softly as I cupped her face.

Haerin's eyes were sparkling. I couldn't tell if she wanted to cry or if she was happy, but I couldn't help myself as I stared into her eyes.

I leaned in to kiss her lips.

I breathed out as I felt her soft lips for the first time that day. I could feel all the day's frustrations just slide of my body.

I pulled Haerin's hips closer and tried to deepened the kiss. I could feel Haerin cramping her hands, not knowing what to do.

Haerin suddenly placed her hands on my shoulders and aggressively pulled me close. The motion caused our lips to shift a bit and I found my bottom lip in her mouth.

My breathing became heavy and uneven as I let Haerin take over the kiss. I tried to reposition my lips a bit but Haerin chased after them with her on. We open mouth kissed for a bit as Haerin tried to regain control of the kiss, but I couldn't help myself and slide my tongue in her mouth.

I was pleasantly surprised that instead of getting pushed off, Haerin began to suck on my tongue.

I wrapped my arms around Haerin's waist even tighter, pulling her as close as possible as both of our breathing became uneven. We were losing air from refusing to let go of each other's lips.

Eventually, we couldn't breath anymore and pulled our lips away from each other.

Haerin wrapped her arms around my torso and snuggled into my chest. I wrapped my arms tighter to hold her and kissed the top of her head.

"Y/n-ah?" Haerin suddenly whispered.

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"I love you," Haerin whispered back as she grabbed me tighter.

I let out a sigh of relief as I whispered back, "I love you too Haerin."

"God you have no idea how much I love you," I thought to myself as my eyes filled with tears.... wishing our relationship would never end.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-