PT. XX

Narrator

There was awkward tension in the air.

The two people who ended up getting hurt by a simple action just couldn't seem to be able to open their mouths and speak.

After three excruciatingly long minutes, Y/n-ssi finally spoke.

"Are you okay?" Y/n whispered to Haerin.

"I don't know," Haerin sniffled out.

- Y/N POV -

I felt so anxious as I tried my best to open up to Haerin about what had just happened.

Usually, I feel stupid when we have awkward tensions or arguments or any unpleasant interactions, because those are usually my fault.... but this time... it wasn't. So, I didn't even know how to start the conversation.

"Are you okay?" Haerin-ssi whispered back as I tried my best to gather my thoughts and explain.

"Huh?" I asked a bit distracted by my own thoughts.

"I'm sorry if you felt pressured or if you're not ready to do things like that with someone like me," Haerin responded.

I furrowed my brows at the last part.

Truth was.... intimacy scared the living shit out of me.

To become so exposed and vulnerable with someone,

it was scary.

At any point in your life you could just lose that person. They could walk away or something could happen to them.... and you're just left... heartbroken.

People like to assume that Haerin is just vulnerable from the start, but I don't see her that way. She knows how to say no, how to push you away or bring you in, she knows how to communicate, there was really no reason for me to not want that with her.

At the end of the day, it had nothing to do with her or anyone else... it was just me. It was my own trust issues, unsecurities, and fears.

Even kissing this girl felt like I was letting my guard down and letting the enemy win the war.

But it was Haerin.... there was no reason for me to be scared.

I took a deep breath and walked over to sit on the edge of Haerin's bed.

"It has nothing to do with you. I promise," I began to explain.

"If anything, you're the person I've ever felt the most comfortable with... but the truth is... I take things very slow when it comes to intimacy like that....," I continued on.

"It had nothing to do with you, I swear. I was just caught off guard and got really scared. I promise that from now on... I'll do my very best to let you in, just like you've let me in. Is that okay?" I gently spoke as grabbed her hand to give it a light squeeze.

Haerin took a few moments to process the information and think of her response.

She always looked so cute when she did that.

"Okay," Haerin simply responded as her cheeks began to redden, seemingly blushing.

I sighed of relief that I even managed to get the words out.

Haerin then suddenly grabbed my hand and placed a gentle kiss on the back of it.

This was a gesture she had never done before, so I was a little shocked.

She then pulled up my hand to rub her soft cheek on it and I gently moved it over so I could caress her cheek.

Our eyes met for the first time since what happened and I couldn't help but smile. My heart was fluttering all over the place and my eyes started to fill with tears as I started to wonder how I got so lucky with such a wonderful partner.

Suddenly, Haerin gently cupped my face and asked... "Are you feeling better?"

It was a strange feeling to have her do that. Usually, I'm the one to do that gesture when I want to make sure she's okay but this time is was her.

"Mhm, I feel better now" I whispered.

Haerin gave me a cute eye smile. She stared for a while just making me melt in her hands before she asked, "Can I get a kiss?"

- Haerin POV -

"Of course," Y/n-ssi sweetly answered to my request.

I leaned in to press my lips on y/n's then caught their bottom lip between both of mine.

I was relieved to hear an explanation from Y/n-ssi. It wasn't as detailed as Yoongi oppa's but I was just really glad I got hear an explanation from y/n, even if it wasn't the whole story.

"Would you like to help me with shirt?" Y/n-ssi suddenly whispered against my lips.

I pulled away from their lips and shyly nodded.

I still wanted to try and see how I felt about things like this.

"Mhm," I hummed out.

Y/n-ssi then gently grabbed my hands and placed them on their shirt, helping me help with the buttons.

Y/n then leaned in for a kiss and I caught their lip again as I continued on to unbutton their work uniform shirt.

I nibbled on y/n's lip while I struggled with the buttons.... but y/n-ssi didn't seem to mind. Y/n-ssi was always so patient with me.

I managed to get all the buttons undone, but I felt like I need more.

I bite y/n's lip and pulled them in closer, as I ran my hand across their collarbone to their shoulder. I grabbed a tight grip of y/n's shoulder, feeling my nails sink in a bit.

Y/n-ssi repositioned their lips a bit and I grabbed my chance to suck on their tongue.

Everything was that happening felt really nice.

I began to suck on y/n's tongue as I tried to help them out their shirt, but y/n-ssi suddenly pulled away and gave me an eye smile.

"Let's just take things slow, is that okay?" Y/n-ssi asked as they pulled their shirt back over their shoulder.

I felt relieved to hear those words.

I always felt very pressured to act like the perfect girlfriend, but I didn't even know how to be a girlfriend. This was my first time being a girlfriend, so I needed a lot of time to learn.

Taking things slow was just what I needed.

"Yes, let's take things slow!" I excitedly answered.

Y/n giggled in that really cute way I like and then said, "Okay. It's a deal!"

I giggled too at y/n's cute response.

Afterwards, I gave y/n-ssi some time to change into their pajamas and relax.

We ended up cuddling the rest of the night and watching movies in our room.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: How the story so far? >////<