PT. XI

Narrator

"Kang Haerin, get in the car!" Yoongi ordered Haerin-ssi for like the 5th time.

Yoongi had been trying to get Haerin and Y/n into his car for about 15 minutes now.

"Yoongi, we're just going to walk!" Y/n-ssi yelled tthrought the pouring rain.

"Just get in the car!" Yoongi yelled again.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin refused to get in the car.

I understood why though.

I would still get super anxious getting into cars. I had to shut my eyes tightly and put my headphones on at times.... so I wouldn't panick.

"Uuughhh, you two drive me crazy! Do whatever the hell you want!!" Brother yelled in frustration.

Yoongi then got into his car and drove away.

I sighed in frustration.

I would have honestly preferred a short anxiety driven car ride than a painfully long and triggering walk.... but I didn't want Haerin to walk home alone.

"Let's go," I told Haerin as I started to walk home.

As always, when we arrived home.... Haerin-ssi was untouched by a single rain drop.... while I.. well I was wet from my whole left side.

I took off my uniform and then took a warm shower so I wouldn't get sick.

In the shower, all I kept thinking about was what Haerin had said to me.

"I think I love you," kept replaying in my head.

Just saying that to me must have made Haerin feel uncomfortable.

She didn't let me hold her hand the entire walk home or talked to me at all.

After my shower, I put on my pajamas and then walked back out in the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked Haerin-ssi as she fluffed her pillows.

"I'm going to sleep," She shortly replied.

Haerin then got into bed and I walked over to give her a goodnight kiss. I leaned down to kiss her but Haerin-ssi immediately shut her eyes and pulled her blanket over her face.

"Ummm... okay," I hummed out.

"Can I sleep on your bed tonight?" I asked her trying to ignore her rude behavior.

"No," Haerin coldly responded.

I sighed and thought to myself , "Whatever", before going into my own bed.

- Haerin POV -

I had instantly regretted saying 'I Love You' to Y/n-ssi.

I knew those words were really serious.

I had never said them to anyone before.... I don't even know why I say it to y/n-ssi but I knew that it would change everything.

I've had enough change in my life in just the last month. I didn't want things to change between me and y/n.

I had a hard time sleeping that night because of the storm.

All I wanted all night was to be in y/n's arms but I was afraid y/n-ssi would take it the wrong way and try to kiss me of something.

Before I knew it, it was time to go back to school. I did my daily routine as I watch y/n-ssi oversleep yet again.

I decided to just let y/n sleep and headed to school on my own.

"Goodbye, Oppa!" I told Yoongi oppa as I left the house.

"Wait where's-" was the last words I herd before I left.

I had almost made it to the school, when someone came running up behind me.

It was y/n-ssi.

"Haerin-ssi, why didn't you wake me up?" Y/n panted out.

"You looked tired," I responded.

"Ahh, okay. That's okay!" Y/n-ah responded with a big smile.

Y/n-ssi then stepped up to me and I back away.

"Umm, can I get a good morning kiss?" Y/n-ssi asked looking a bit sulky.

"Not right now," I responded.

"Can I kiss your cheek?" Y/n-ssi followed up.

"No," I answered in annoyance.

"Did I do something to upset you?" Y/n-ah began to ask looking even sadder than before.

I shook my head no.

Y/n-ssi just sighed then walked into school right by my side.

The school day went on as usual, except today I was doing everything to avoid y/n-ssi. I really didn't want to find out how things had changed after my sudden love confession.

Before I knew, the school day had ended and I rushed ahead to go home so I wouldn't have to walk with y/n-ssi.

I was halfway home when y/n finally caught up to me.

"Haerin-ssi, why have you been avoiding me all day?!" Y/n panted out.

I didn't know how to answer.

It was quiet for a long time while y/n-ssi waited for my answer. Eventually, y/n got tired and sighed.

"You know what, if you don't wanna date anymore than that's okay. I won't be offended," Y/n-ssi suddenly said.

"Okay," I answered.

Y/n-ssi then nodded their head and took a deep breath.... then began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just tell my brother I'm shooting hoops," Y/n responded... not even bothering to look back at me.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-