PT. LIV

Narrator

The following morning, Y/n woke Haerin up early so they could do their homework before going to school.

Everything seemed back to how it should be.

Haerin and Y/n were together again, they loved each other, and nothing was going to separate them ever again.

Or so they thought....

- Y/N POV -

I dropped Haerin off at her first class and gave her a kiss goodbye.

"I'll come get you after class. So, wait for me here, okay?" I told her.

Haerin cutely nodded in response and I went on my way.

As I walked through the hall to get to my class, I came face to face with Minji.

We stared at each other for a second. She gave me a sad smile and then walked around me.

My head dropped as I realized that Minji had decided to openly love me.... even if it hurt her. I knew she was doing her best to not be so heartbroken but it was easy to tell that she wasn't okay.

"You were really brave," I whispered to myself before continuing to walk to class... sulking over Minji's broken heart.

The school day went by fast. I went to Haerin's last class and she wasn't there.

Which was a bit odd.

Haerin had asked me to pick her up from her classes and up until now she had waited for me at her classes.

"That's odd.... maybe she already went to her clubroom," I whispered to myself.

I then made my way to the Newjeans clubroom and found a singing Minji all by herself.

"Why am I still here and waiting for us to happen? 'Cause you'd never want it...."

I suddenly got so entranced by The President's singing that I had forgotten why I was there.

I walked into the clubroom and sat down at the piano. I started to gently play on the keys, synching to the part of the song that Minji was signing.

"Oh my god, you scared me!" Minji-ssi exclaimed... finally noticing my presence.

"Keep signing, I like that song" I responded.

"Umm... okay," Minji responded. She tucked her skirt then sat at the piano with me.

We both look at each other for a second then smiled as I began to play again.

"Stupid of me to think that
you could ever be mine
I could blame it on the drinks
But I'm so sick and tired of lying....

And I wish I could think of you
And not have to still feel
Everything you probably don't,
But I still think it's real,"

As Minji sang the song as I played the piano for her. She sang beautifully and with her heart on her sleeve.

*RING RING*

The President's phone suddenly started to ring and we stopped what we were doing. She picked up the incoming phone call.

"Yeoboseyo?" Minji spoke over the phone.

"What? Haerin's aunt is at the school?!" The President suddenly exclaimed as she turned to look at me.

"Oh no!" I thought to myself.

"I'm on my way!" Minji-ssi said before hanging up the phone.

Minji and I quickly grabbed our things and ran out the room to try to find Haerin.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-