PT. C

Narrator

The doctor's hopes of Y/n-ask regaining their memories where getting very slim. It had been 8 months since Y/n lost their memories.

Y/n had to go through the motions of life as if nothing bothered them... because most time Y/n would just say "it is what it is"....

Y/n was told the basic of their life. No one wanted to share more. No one wanted to disrupt how it is that Y/n saw the world now.

Y/n was told about their parents and about being friends with all the girls, but that was it.

Yoongi did his best to keep Haerin away from Y/n. It was to protect her feelings but Haerin couldn't help herself at time. Though she too, had learned to be gentle with the situation.

- Y/N POV -

I got home from school and made myself an avocado sandwich.

I couldn't really remember when I had started to like avocado so much but it was delicious.

I took off my university jacket and then took a shower. I did my homework and went through my usual routine.

At times, I'd get really lonely.

When I first got home from the hospital.... I didn't understand why there was two beds in brother's room.

He said it was for when the Newjeans girls came for sleepovers.

I didn't try to overthink anything. It was hard enough to learn that some of my memory was erased.

But it was comforting... to know... that I still remembered big things...

Well... except for my parents.

"Dammit," I sighed to myself.

At times... at night...

I would feel extremely lonely.

There was something about the house that seemed too quiet.

Maybe it was because my parents were now gone.

But looking around the house. It always seemed like someone else had been here.

It looked like someone had just gotten up and left.

"Alright," I took a deep breath and grabbed my guitar.

I wasn't sure when I had started boxing or playing the guitar or playing basketball but it was like second nature to me, so I didn't question it.

I walked out to the backyard and sat on the ledge of backyard fixture.

I started to strum the cords and I began to sing a song that had been giving me comfort.

I wasn't sure why this song made me feel so safe. It made me feel like everything was going to be okay.

Even if I never got all of my memories back....

"I was distracted
And in traffic
I didn't feel it
When the earthquake happened
But it really got me thinkin'
Were you out drinkin'?
Were you in the living room
Chillin' watchin' television?
It's been a year now
Think I've figured out how
How to let you go and let communication die out...."

"But if the world was ending
You'd come over, right?
You'd come over and you'd stay the night
Would you love me for the hell of it?
All our fears would be irrelevant
If the world was ending
You'd come over, right?"

There was something very special about this song. Something I didn't really understand....

It made me long for someone.

It wasn't my parents.

The feeling felt much different than the pain I had for my parents.

Just strumming the melody without even singing brought me comfort.

"I tried to imagine
Your reaction
It didn't scare me when the earthquake happened
But it really got me thinkin'
That night we went drinkin'
Stumbled in the house
And didn't make it past the kitchen
Ah, it's been a year now
Think I've figured out how
How to think about you without it rippin' my heart out..."

An angelic voice suddenly began to sang from behind me.

"But if the world was ending
You'd come over, right?
You'd come over and you'd stay the night
Would you love me for the hell of it?
All our fears would be irrelevant
If the world was ending
You'd come over, right?
The sky'd be falling while I'd hold you tight
No, there wouldn't be a reason why
We would even have to say goodbye,"

I smiled when I noticed it was just Haerin.

Haerin would come over every so often to make sure I was okay.

Brother had given all the girls keys to just freely walk in and out of the house.

"Hey, you're that cute nurse, right?" I teased her.

Haerin would always giggle at that.

I always told her that when I saw her.

"Can't sleep?" Haerin-ssi asked.

"Nope," I answered as I put my guitar down.

Haerin walked up to sit next to me and we both sat there in silence. We both just stared at the stars in the night sky.

"Hey, you're on the spectrum, right?" I asked, halfway through... realizing I was being rude.

"I-I'm just asking because brother told me a bit about it and I was just wondering, ummm, never mind," I nervously tried to explain myself.

Haerin just started to blush and giggle.

"Yes, I am. You can ask anything about it if you want," she shyly answered.

"Umm... okay," I hesitated a bit.

"I know our situation are very different... but how do you deal with it? Like the look of pity people give you? Or those confused looks as if you're crazy?" I finally asked.

Haerin thought about it for a bit and answered, "you've never looked at me that way."

I chuckled at her response.

At times, Haerin was more lost in her own thoughts than anything else.

"But, to answer your question, I guess I just learned that those looks had nothing to do with me. They're more of a reflection of who people are," Haerin seriously answered me.

I couldn't help but smile. That was a really good answer.

"That's a great point. Very mature of you to think that way," I complimented.

"Are you proud of me?" Haerin suddenly asked with a huge smile.

I chuckled at her cute behavior.

Haerin really seemed like something special.

"Yes, I'm very proud of you," I answered.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Back to square one.... >////<