PT. LV

Narrator

Haerin's aunt had gotten Haerin out of her last class and she was now fighting with the school principal.

"How could you transfer her without my permission?!?" Ms. Lee yelled, Haerin's aunt.

"Miss Lee, She was transferred here so she wouldn't be alone!" Mr. Choi, The Principal yelled back.

They had been fighting for almost an hour, while Haerin just watched them with her ear warmers on.

Suddenly, The Student Body President and The Co-Captain of the Martial Arts Team barged into the room.

- Haerin POV -

Minji unnie and Y/n-ssi ran into The Principal's office while my aunt fought with Mr. Choi..... I was so relieved and ran into Y/n's arms.

"Who's this?" My aunt suddenly asked.

Y/n-ssi then pulled me behind them and stepped up to face my aunt.

"I'm-"

Y/n-ssi was about to answer her when Mr. Choi interrupted.

"This is Y/n-ssi. Y/n has been assisting Haerin with her living situation and also her personal endeavors," Mr. Choi informed my aunt.

"So, you're the one that kidnapped my niece?!" My aunt yelled at Y/n-ssi.

Minji unnie suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to her.

"She was all alone. All I did was offer her a place to call home," Y/n-ssi calmly answered.

I was so stressed out by the situation.

I had not seen my aunt in years and all of a sudden she came to get me from school.

"SHE DOESN'T NEED ANYONE. SHE'S PERFECTLY FINE!" My aunt yelled at the top of her lungs.

I was really impressed that Y/n-ssi could take such a violent action and not react at all.

My aunt had always found it hard to take care of me. She was a cold and bitter lady. She also didn't believe that I was autistic.... she sort of just thought I played stupid and acted childish because I wanted attention.

"Miss Lee, please don't yell at my students or I'm going to have to call the cops!" Mr. Choi told my aunt.

"No! The one who needs to have the cops called on them is this kid!" Auntie yelled back.

"Then call them," Y/n-ssi whispered under their breath.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Auntie yelled back.

"Then call them.... then we can all discuss how you abandoned a minor. I'm sure the cops would love to hear about your child endangerment," Y/n-ssi calmly responded.

"Y/n-ssi please be quiet," Mr. Choi suddenly told Y/n.

"Yes, sir!" Y/n-ssi responded and backed away from my aunt.

"Miss Lee, there's no need to get the cops involved. We can resolve things without drastic matters... just please calm down so we can come to a compromise," Mr. Choi told Auntie.

"No. What I want is my niece back. I came here to get her and I'm going to leave with her whether you like it or not!!" Auntie yelled in response.

"Absolutely not!" Y/n-ssi spoke up.

"PERFECT! Keep insisting, I'll just call the cops and get this over with!" Auntie responded as she pulled out her phone.

"NO!" I yelled in frustration.

"I'll go with you... just don't call the cops," I whispered as I tried to let go of Minji unnie's hand.

"Haerin don't!" Y/n-ssi said as Minji unnie tried to pull me back.

"No, it's okay. I'll be okay!" I told Y/n-ssi and Unnie with a fake smile.

"Good kid! Always such a good kid!" Auntie said as she pulled me into a hug when I got close to her.

It hurt to have a lady I know doesn't care about me act as if she did.

"Grab your bag and let's go home," Auntie said as she let me go.

I nodded and did as she asked.

"Haerin will not be coming back here again," Auntie said before walking out of The Principal's office. I followed right behind her.

- Y/N POV -

I was about to follow after Haerin and her aunt when Mr. Choi stopped me.

"Y/n-ssi don't!" He yelled before I could exit the room.

Minji turned to look at me and I turned back to look at Mr. Choi.

"How could you just let her leave with her?!" I asked angrily.

"Legally, she is still her guardian. If she shows up and wants to take Haerin-ssi out of the school there is nothing I can do," Mr. Choi tried to explain.

"I don't c-"

"Why was she here anyway? She spent years ignoring Haerin and now all of a sudden she wants to treat her as her niece? It doesn't make sense," Minji-ssi suddenly interrupted me.

Mr. Choi took a deep breath. Me and Minji turned to look at each other as we waited for his answer.

"Kang Haerin is about to turn 18. When she does, she'll have access to her parents' funds and her college money. Her inheritance is quite a hefty amount," Mr. Choi began to explain.

"There is a clause in her parents' will, whoever is taking care of Kang Haerin in the time that she receives the money...., they will get one-quarter of her inheritance," He finished off.

"How do you know this?" Minji asked him.

He took another breath and then lowly answered.... "Per the same will... whichever school Haerin ends up graduating from will get a huge donation...... That's how I know."

Minji and I gave each other a look.

I wasn't even sure what the fuck to say or what to even do.

Eventually, I got to aggravated to just stand there.

"Fuck this!" I whispered to myself then angrily walked out of the room.

Slamming the doors on my way out.

-

-

-

-

-

-