39

Chapter 39

The noise of the old house was getting louder and louder. The tiles on the roof were blowing loudly, and they fell from the roof from time to time with a bang bang bang. More and more rainwater leaked in from the roof. Wang Tao quickly grabbed a pair of pants from the bed, regardless of the front and back, and jumped out of the bed to put on the shoes.

While he was getting dressed, Lin Yuan quickly opened the suitcase and packed some clothes into plastic bags. He asked Wang Tao to take his suitcase, and the two ran out quickly.

As soon as I went out, I saw someone wearing a raincoat and a bamboo hat walking quickly with a flashlight in the heavy rain.

"Oh, it's a good thing you came out. Hurry up and go up the mountain with uncle. This house is unbearable." The person who came was Uncle Wei. He was also woken up by the sound of thunder in the middle of the night. He quickly got up and came to look for Lin Yuan. He was afraid that something would happen if Lin Yuan's old house collapsed.

"Okay." Lin Yuan responded, and quickly followed Uncle Wei up the mountain holding an umbrella. Lin Yuan shared an umbrella with Wang Tao. Ask Wang Tao to put away the umbrella.

The road up the mountain was quite muddy, and the accumulated water on the mountain flowed down the gentle slope, and it was difficult to walk in water-filled shoes. After finally reaching Uncle Wei's small house, except for Uncle Wei who was better, Lin Yuan, Wang Tao Including the little chubby pier was dripping water all over, and a small puddle of water soon formed where they were standing.

Uncle Wei handed two dry towels to Lin Yuan and Wang Tao respectively, and he said with emotion: "I have lived half my life, and this is the first time I have encountered such a heavy rain. I am afraid that the crops in the field will suffer." "

Yes , The rain is really heavy." Lin Yuan wiped the rain from his head, and vaguely remembered that there was a heavy rain at this time in his previous life, which destroyed a lot of fertile fields. What was more depressing was that he didn't pay much attention to the old house in his previous life. I don't know if the old house was washed away in the torrential rain.

Outside the house, purple-red lightning bolts tore apart the ragged black clouds one after another. The sound of thunder and explosions was endless, making people's hearts jump. Uncle Wei looked out the window worriedly, then turned his head and said to Lin Yuan and Wang Tao: "Hurry up, both of you!" Change into dry clothes, and it is easy to get sick when exposed to raw rain."

The plastic bag Lin Yuan put his clothes in had also been flooded just now. Fortunately, the clothes wrapped in the middle were still dry, so he took out a set at random. He knew that now was not the time to be hypocritical, so he turned his back and went quickly while it was dark. He took off his wet clothes, wiped off the water on his body, and quickly put on dry clothes.

The whole process probably took less than two minutes, but Lin Yuan felt that his back was almost scorched by a scorching gaze. After he put on his clothes and turned around, Wang Tao had already squatted on the ground and opened the suitcase, pretending to look for his clothes. Lin Yuan looked at him suspiciously, saw that he was starting to take off his clothes, so he looked away, and he walked away. Going to the window, watching the heavy rain pouring out of the window, looking far away in the direction of the old house of the Lin family, with a worried look on his face.

Lin Yuan couldn't help sighing, wondering if the old house can survive tonight?

No matter how dilapidated the old house was, it was Lin Yuan's home for a long time. Homes, no matter how luxurious or dilapidated, are always the sustenance of people's spirit and emotion. As the saying goes: gold nests and silver nests are not as good as your own kennels. Lin Yuan felt very uncomfortable seeing her dilapidated puppy kennels shaking in the wind and rain.