56

Chapter 56

It is a custom in Q City to eat glutinous rice balls in the morning on the first day of the new year, wishing that the new year will be complete and smooth.

The glutinous rice flour and stuffing for making glutinous rice balls are all bought in a grain processing workshop in the town. That processing workshop has been in operation for more than ten years, and the craftsmanship has been passed down from ancestors. People who eat stuffing can line up in long queues, and even many people from the city will come to the town to buy it.

What Lin Yuan bought back was black sesame stuffing and peanut stuffing. After eating these two flavors for twenty or thirty years in the past and present, it was inevitable that they would be a bit boring, so he specially made a jujube paste stuffing with jujubes from the valley. Hey, because the jujubes grown in the valley are already sweet enough, he didn't add sugar when making the stuffing. After the stuffing was prepared, the taste was unexpectedly good.

The technical content of making glutinous rice balls is lower than that of making dumplings. Lin Yuan quickly made a hundred or so dozens of glutinous rice balls, and left some to cook and eat this morning. He packed the rest and put them in the valley. Here, plan to take it out and eat it when you want to eat it.

Before the glutinous rice balls were put into the pot, Lin Yuan called Wang Tao up, and when Wang Tao cleaned himself up, the hot glutinous rice balls were brought to the table.

"Well, I think the jujube-flavored one is the best." Wang Tao commented after eating the last glutinous rice dumpling, "It is sweet and delicate, full of jujube flavor, much better than the peanut and black sesame ones. "

I made the jujube paste stuffing myself. I left some in the kitchen. You can take it home later so that your godfathers can try it too." "

You are really capable, little glutinous rice balls!" The scene of Tangyuan eating Tangyuan made me laugh out loud very unkindly.

"What are you laughing at?"

"It's born from the same root, so why bother with each other?" Wang Tao squeezed out Cao Zhi's verse from between his teeth, smiling so hard that he couldn't see his teeth.

Lin Yuan's little face turned black with a swipe. This dead child is too hateful. It's okay to give himself an ugly nickname and spread it widely. .

"I originally planned to stew the fruit chicken..." Lin Yuan stirred the glutinous rice balls in the bowl with a spoon.

Wang Tao waited for a long time and didn't hear the following, so he took over the conversation: "Then I really have a good meal today." In the soup, two ingredients that are far from each other are combined to produce an incomparable delicacy. Wang Tao almost swallowed his mouth watering thinking about the chicken soup he drank last time.

"But I suddenly don't want to do it anymore, so I decided to chop the chicken and cook it for Fat Duner to eat." Lin Yuan took a bite of the glutinous rice balls, and the white and tender skin broke open, and the black sesame stuffing flowed out .

Fat Duner heard Lin Yuan say his name, it ran in from the outside, and wagged its tail at Lin Yuan obsequiously.

"Little Tangyuan, you can't do this..." Wang Tao wailed with his handsome face. Lin Yuan ignored him at all. After eating the glutinous rice balls, what should he do? Poor Wang Tao didn't get to eat the fruit chicken, he saw Don't mention the resentment in Xiang Pun'er's eyes.

In the afternoon, after Wang Tao returned, Lin Yuan went to visit his mother's grave. He burned a lot of paper money in front of her grave in the valley. Then he went to the empty tomb on the barren mountain to pay homage. During the Ching Ming Festival, he asked someone to repair the outside of the empty tomb, and set up a tombstone. Two pines and cypresses were planted in front of the tomb. The pines and cypresses have grown a lot, and the repaired tomb looks decent.