Chapter 7

Chapter 7 The Dagger

    The next day, Ah Zheng pulled Qing Ke up and asked him to accompany him to the north of the city. As for why he didn't call Ah Li, because his wound has recurred again.

    Lin Ju couldn't help feeling: "Beauties are so fragile."

    Ah Zheng answered her in his heart: "Beauty? Is someone like Ah Li considered a beauty?" The mountain god who could answer him in his heart was after Ah Ju suddenly uttered yesterday. It was discovered through experiments.

    Lin Ju affirmed: "Of course Ah Li is a beauty. His skin is fair, he is good-looking, and he speaks politely. Who wouldn't like such a sick and delicate young man?" Ah Zheng looked down at the back of his hand

    , Because he had to go up the mountain to cut firewood and find food all year round, his skin was already dark and yellow, and it was no longer as delicate and fair as before. Ah Zheng stopped talking.

    Lin Ju couldn't wait for Zai Zai's answer for a long time. Seeing Zai Zai's unhappy face, she hurriedly said: "Zai Zai, you are different from Ah Li. Grandma likes you the most." No match for her cute cubs.

    Fei Se slowly climbed up to Ah Zheng's ears, and he nodded: "I know."

    Qing Ke quickly pulled Ah Zheng from the side: "Child, what are you thinking about, blushing so red? Concentrate on it." Look at the road, I was almost hit by someone just now."

    Ah Zheng woke up and thanked him: "I see, thank you Qing Ke."

    Qing Ke pointed to the store archway not far away: "Neng, that's the north of the city. The square market is here, you can go in after paying the money, let’s go.”

    “Yeah.”

    After paying the money and entering the square market, Qing Ke took Ah Zheng’s little hand and walked around and said, “Children, what do you want to buy? Cloth Food?"

    Ah Zheng pointed to the direction where a large number of people gathered: "Where is that place? Why is it so lively?"

    Qing Ke glanced in that direction, with an indelible disgust in his eyes: "The place where slaves were sold, yesterday The Qin businessman that Ah Li told you about is also there, do you want to go and have a look?"

    Ah Zheng nodded, "Go."

    Just as Qing Ke brought Ah Zheng closer there, a strong strange smell mixed with the smell of sweat and blood came to his face, and Ah Zheng couldn't help covering his nose with his sleeve.

    All kinds of slaves on the stalls were either tied with straw ropes or locked in wooden cages. Men, women, old people, children, etc., most of the slaves were very thin, and all of them were naked. There are countless whips on the body, waiting for the owner to buy. These people are no different from the pheasants and raccoons waiting to be sold at the poultry stall before.

    Ah Zheng was a little silent: "Didn't you find Ah Li's sister here?"

    Qing Ke didn't speak, didn't answer, and took Ah Zheng to the stall of the Qin businessman. There were several large carts on the booth, with wooden barrels on them, and a small tent behind the cart, probably for people to rest. Several newly redeemed slaves were washing their wounds with water from a wooden barrel. Now that winter is not over, when the cold wind blows, several slaves are shivering from the cold, and they are warming up with hot soup brought by the merchant's servants.

    The situation here was slightly better than at other stalls. There was no smell of blood. Ah Zheng put down his sleeves and took a deep breath. The stall owner should be the young man wearing a fur coat in front of the cart. Seeing that several slaves had cleaned their wounds, he let them enter the tent to keep warm and eat.