Chapter 58

Chapter 58 Milk Tea

    Ah Zheng asked: "Ah Ju, do you know how much grain I can produce per mu of land here?"

    Naturally, Lin Ju didn't know the answer, so she guessed and replied, "Ten stones of grain per mu?" She had already cut the result Halfway, it shouldn't be less.

    Azheng shook his head and sighed: "It's not as much as you think, Aju. Generally speaking, two stones of grain can be grown in one mu of land, and a place like Shuchuan has a suitable climate and fertile soil. About five stones of grain can be grown in an acre of land."

    Lin Ju said with emotion: "But if there are only so many things growing in the field, how will people get enough to eat? Don't they have to be hungry all the time."

    Azheng explained: "The state of Qin does not grow rice, and the people mostly eat corn. In addition, there are wheat, millet, millet and unpalatable bean, plus some vegetables and meat. They eat two meals a day. I can barely live without a pause."

    Lin Ju recalled that the staple foods in modern society are rice and wheat, and the others can only be called coarse grains. Not only are they not as nutritious as rice and wheat, but they also taste worse. Lin Ju looked at Zai Zai with some distress: "Then Zai Zai, can you eat enough?"

    Ah Zheng was immediately amused by her: "Ah Ju, I am the king of Qin, the ruler of a country. If even the king of Qin cannot have enough to eat, how can Qin defeat other countries? Don't worry."

    Lin Ju breathed a sigh of relief, and wanted to go to the mall to refresh and order some food for Zaizai, but the mall today actually has a limited edition of milk tea, and you can choose to add various toppings. Lin Ju thought for a while, and ordered a cup of sweet-scented osmanthus ice-brewed mochi milk tea for Zai Zai: "Zai Zai, please drink milk tea."

    Ah Zheng looked at the milk tea that suddenly appeared in front of him, feeling a little overwhelmed. He touched the hard plastic cup, and there was still cool water vapor on the cup wall. He picked up the straw that appeared with the milk tea, and found that it was covered with a paper shell. After thinking about it, he tore off the paper shell, revealing a long tube like a reed tube. Ah Zheng looked at the small hole on the lid of the milk tea again, inserted the tube into it, and tried to inhale it. A cold taste mixed with the fragrance of osmanthus and a small soft taste entered his mouth, and he didn't chew much. He swallowed it down.

    After taking a sip of milk tea, Ah Zheng exclaimed, "It's delicious, Ah Ju, there are actually ice cubes in it." It's still autumn, and the summer heat in Xianyang City has not yet dissipated, and the afterglow of the setting sun enters the house through the open windows. A sip of ice-cold milk tea instantly dispelled the heat.

    There are naturally ice cubes in the Qin Palace in summer, and the officials of the Shaofu will order to dig out huge ice cubes from the icy lake in winter, hide them in a deep cellar, and wait until summer to take them out heat.

    It's just that Ah Zheng never thought that the combination of ice cubes and these foods is so delicious.

    Lin Ju originally thought that according to Zai Zai's character she had observed for many years of raising the cub, he should not be interested in sweets, especially things like milk tea that are gaudy and girly, but unexpectedly, judging from Zai Zai's expression Look, he seems to be very interested in this cup of milk tea, what an unexpected contrast. Lin Ju felt that she had discovered a little secret of Ah Zheng.

    Lin Ju watched Zai Zai drinking milk tea off the screen, and she was a little greedy, so she ordered a cup for herself, and continued to discuss with Zai Zai about the batch of rice: "Zai Zai, do you want to take the half a million dollars?" Rock grains as seeds?"

    Ah Zheng put down the cup of milk tea in his hand and nodded: "The batch of grain was originally intended to be used by Ah Ju to build the school, but because of its high yield, I wanted to use them as seeds for planting. As for the grain for the construction of the school , I will call from other places again. Ah Ju, will you be angry if I do this?"

    Lin Ju smiled: "Of course not, cub. That batch of food was originally for you, you can use it however you want How to use. Just, Zai Zai, I want to remind you that you’d better not let people plant too much at the beginning, because the climate, land, fertility, water and other factors are different, you may get It is not a result that satisfies you. So, Zai Zai, you’d better find a few places suitable for rice planting to conduct experiments, and don’t blindly plant on a large scale.” Ah Zheng nodded: “Ah

    Ju Don't worry, I know."

    "By the way, I suddenly remembered something." Lin Ju sighed, "Didn't I just help Zai Zai find information? I found some manufacturing materials that can be obtained without industrial means." The method of fertilizer, although the effect is not as good as high-precision fertilizers such as industrial nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers, but it can also produce the effect of fertilizing the field. Please remember, the first type is nitrogen fertilizer, and the material is beans and pods that cannot be eaten , rotten peanuts, melon seed skins, nettles, fruit peels, and vegetable leaves are put into a jar, filled with water, sealed, put in the sun to let it rot as soon as possible, and can be used after debugging according to a certain ratio. The second is phosphate fertilizer— —"

    "Ah Ju, wait a minute, what are peanuts and melon seeds?" Ah Zheng was confused, "Is it a kind of flower and a kind of melon?"

    Lin Ju didn't know how to explain: "Forget it, baby, peanuts and melon seeds They are all very delicious snacks. It seems that you don’t have these two kinds of crops here. In short, the method of making all fertilizers is to put all kinds of perishable things in a sealed high-temperature place to make them grow faster. Rotten. In addition to the plants mentioned before, there are also those leftover beef bones, sheep bones, fish bones, shells, and various internal organs. , You can take it out when it is almost rotten. The key point is that it must be sealed and the temperature must be high to make better fertilizer." Ah Zheng nodded: "Ah Ju, thank you for helping me check so much.

    "

    "It's okay, who told you that you are my baby." Lin Ju seized the opportunity to pinch Ah Zheng's small earlobe, and Zai Zai's face turned red all of a sudden, so cute.

    Ah Zheng tried his best to ignore the strange tingling sensation in his ears. He finished drinking the milk tea in his hand and disposed of the cup. Shu County can grow rice, but the Guanzhong Canal has not been repaired, so I will not experiment with the land of Guanzhong. According to Ah Zheng's thinking, the most suitable place in the world to grow rice is naturally Chu State, but it is a pity that Qin State has just destroyed South Korea and is digesting South Korea's territory, and Chu State is too far away from Qin State, so it is really not the next goal of Qin State. what a pity.

    Just as he was thinking like this, he heard a pass from the palace man that Feng Chang and his subordinate Tai Bu Tai Zhu Tai Shi begged to see him. Feng Chang is in charge of the sacrificial etiquette of the ancestral temple. He naturally knows that the King of Qin, who has not yet been in power, has been longing for the power of the Qin State for a long time. For this reason, as soon as his people figured out the appropriate date for crowning, they immediately brought people here Meet the king of Qin.

    The author has something to say:

    1. In the last chapter, I discovered a misunderstanding that one mu of land in Qin Dynasty was equivalent to 0.3 mu today. In the Qin Dynasty, one stone was 27 catties, and now one stone is 100 catties. The specific conversion is up to you.

    2. Qin did not drink tea on a large scale. Tea is mostly used for medicinal purposes. The habit of drinking tea mostly appeared in Chu and South Korea.

    3. Fertilizer production comes from Baidu