Chapter 44

Chapter 44 Winter Thunder

    After this gunpowder experiment, the ministers of the State of Qin had a deeper understanding of the power of gunpowder, and at the same time became more confident that they could win the other six countries.

    Ah Zheng ordered the craftsmen to step up production, striving to put the gunpowder on the battlefield as soon as possible.

    And in the Proton Mansion in Xianyang City, Yan Dan also heard the loud noise from Shanglin Garden on the day the gunpowder was released. Through the spies of Yan State lurking in Qin State, he knew that Qin State had developed a powerful artifact. This kind of thing must never be used by the Qin State on the battlefield, and a way must be found to stop them. Looks like it's time for a second plan.

    On the other hand, Ah Zheng was very satisfied with the result. In addition, he also received good news from the border. General Meng Ao attacked Wei, and now he has captured twenty cities.

    And Gan Luo, who had been away from Xianyang for half a year, finally received news from Zhao Guo.

    Gan Luo negotiated with Zhao Wang and sent Yandan back to Yan State, and Zhao Guogong dedicated the five cities in Hejian to Qin State.

    A mere Yandan, of course, is not as important as the five cities of Zhao State. When Ah Zheng and Lu Buwei heard the news, they immediately agreed. It's just that Ah Zheng is a little puzzled. King Zhao exchanged five cities of Zhao State for Yan Dan to return to Yan State. How could he think it was strange? Could it be that this year's King Zhao is as mentally ill as before?

    He couldn't figure it out, so he threw this matter aside, because there was one more important thing for him at this time.

    That was his seventeenth birthday.

    To judge whether a person is an adult in Qin State, the first thing to look at is his height. He is considered an adult if he is six feet tall and fifteen years old. At the age of seventeen, this person will be officially included in the household registration, formally register with the government, and become a fully and truly adult.

    But such an important birthday, neither Lu Buwei, Zhao Ji, nor the Queen Mother Huayang, nor the Queen Mother Xia mentioned it in Qin Palace.

    However, these three people discussed the matter of Ah Zheng's queen together. The Empress Dowager Huayang, as a daughter of Chu, of course hoped that Ah Zheng would marry the concubine of Chu. She sent news to Ah Zheng that if Ah Zheng married a daughter of Chu, all Chu people who were officials in Qin would do their best to serve him.

    And Zhao Ji hoped that Ah Zheng could marry the noble daughter of Qin State to further consolidate her position in Qin State.

    The Empress Dowager Xia didn't help each other, she just watched the Empress Dowager Huayang arguing with Zhao Ji.

    Azheng was very bored with these arguments among the three. Now that he is the king of Qin, does he need a woman to help him maintain his power and status?

    The birthday was the Great Court Meeting. After reporting the recent political affairs and expressing birthday blessings to A Zheng, the ministers of the court left quickly, as if they were afraid that A Zheng would ask Lu Buwei and Zhao Ji to return to power.

    Lin Ju was deeply puzzled by this: "Zai Zai——No, Ah Zheng, you are obviously the king of Qin, why do they turn to Lu Buwei instead of you?"

    Ah Zheng laughed: "Of course it is in their hearts. , Lu Buwei is more powerful than me, the King of Qin."