Chapter 66

Chapter 66

    Lin Ju felt that she was having an extremely real dream. Since she chose the picture of the little orange cat, she seemed to have really turned into a little orange cat, with sensitive ears and a long, playful tail.

    Lin Ju lifted the kitten's paws and probed the surrounding environment. She seemed to be in a tall room with candles lit, a high ceiling with various complicated patterns on it, and a black floor. It's very slippery, I don't know what material it is. There are several tall pillars erected in the house, and the patterns on the pillars are also incomprehensible to her, but for some reason, she always feels that the environment is somewhat familiar.

    With a "creak", there was a sound at the door, Lin Ju was startled, and quickly hid behind the pillar.

    A man wearing black clothes with large sleeves walked in, sat down at the table, picked up the book on the table and read it.

    Lin Ju tilted her head and thought for a while, she felt that this person also looked familiar. I don't know why, although this is her dream, but she is full of strangeness and fear of the surrounding environment, as if something terrible happened.

    The man had been reading and did not leave the house, so Lin Ju had no choice but to hide behind the pillar. I don't know how long it took, and when she woke up again, the room was already pitch black.

    She stretched her waist unskillfully, feeling a little hungry. From another room came the sound of a man's slight breathing, and the sound of several other people's stealthy footsteps. Something fell down gently, and the air was filled with a faint smell of rust.

    Smelling this scent, Lin Ju felt even hungrier.

    etc.

    It's not rust, it's blood.

    Why does the smell of blood suddenly appear?

    Lin Ju's furry cat ears twitched, and she couldn't figure it out. Could it be that this dream was a horrible dream?

    Never mind, she already smelled food in the room where the man slept, and she was going in to eat. The kitten is not afraid of the dark, and the soft cat mat steps on the smooth floor without making a sound.

    Lin Ju ran to the door of that room.

    Huh? The door turned out to be open?

    She deftly jumped over the high threshold, and was rushing in that direction smelling the smell of food, but bumped into something.

    The thing she hit was startled and stepped on Lin Ju's tail.

    "Meow——" Lin Ju let out a mournful wail, her tail hurts so much!

    On the bed, Ah Zheng was awakened by the sound. He immediately understood that something was wrong, and pulled a rope beside the bed. Soon, heavy bells rang throughout the entire Qin Palace.

    The assassins immediately understood that the situation had changed, picked up their daggers and stabbed at the bed. Ah Zheng resisted with the bronze sword next to the bed, trying his best to fight for a glimmer of life. As for Lin Ju, who was constantly trampled under by several assassins, she howled in pain. Ah Zheng followed the voice, raised his sword and slashed in these directions.

    Soon, the palace officials arrived with torches and took down several assassins.

    The house was finally lit, and the commander of the Imperial Guard who was in charge of guarding the palace knelt down and pleaded guilty to the king of Qin: "I let the assassins sneak into the palace, and I ask the king to come down."