Chapter 49

Chapter 49 Zheng Guo

    The fact that Zheng Guo was a spy sent by South Korea to Qin State shocked Ah Zheng.

    Zheng Guo entered Qin Dynasty in the first year of Qin Wangzheng, worshiped under Lu Buwei, and was recommended by Lu Buwei to build water conservancy in Guanzhong for Qin. Ah Zheng was only fourteen years old at that time.

    This year is the fourth year of Qin Wangzheng, Ah Zheng is seventeen years old, and it has been four years since Zheng Guo came to Qin State.

    In the past four years, in order to build the water conservancy in Guanzhong as soon as possible, Ah Zheng and Lu Buwei tried their best to meet the requirements of Zheng Guo.

    As a result, the battle report actually said that Zheng Guo was a spy sent by South Korea.

    Ah Zheng was almost going crazy.

    He immediately ordered someone to bring Zheng Guo back, and at the same time ordered Lu Buwei to enter the palace, and threw the battle report from the border at his feet: "I don't know how Lu Xiang explained this!" Lu Buwei still didn't understand what happened, so he slowed

    down Slowly bent down, picked up the battle report on the ground, and looked at it slowly. The more Lu Buwei watched, the more frightened he became. It wasn't just that Zheng Guo was a spy, but also his control over the government.

    Why was this battle report not sent to the prime minister's mansion, but first sent to Zhangtai Palace for the monarch in front of him to have a look?

    Could it be that once Zhao Ji left, his control over the government was so weak?

    He couldn't help feeling uneasy, and tightly held the battle report in his hand, but his hands trembled involuntarily.

    Azheng asked him sharply, "I don't know how Lu Xiang wants to explain this matter?"

    Lu Buwei closed the battle report, rewound it and returned it to Azheng's hands, then took two steps back, knelt heavily on the ground, and threw himself into the air. Bye, with trembling lips, he explained: "This matter is due to my ignorance, and I ask the king to condemn me."

    Seeing that Lu Buwei admitted his mistake so simply, Ah Zheng didn't know how to deal with him for a while.

    It is true that Lu Buwei holds great power and guards the government, but he is also the link between Ah Zheng and the Qin Dynasty. At this time, Ah Zheng has not fully grasped the affairs of the court. If Lu Buwei is removed rashly for a while, it will not only cause shocks in the court After he steps down, who knows what new power ministers will appear? Coupled with the fact that there are still people from the Chu family and the clan in the court, Lu Buwei cannot be allowed to leave the court for a while.

    Ah Zheng thought for a while and said, "The fact that Zheng Guo is a Korean spy cannot be entirely blamed on Lu Xiang, but after all, Zheng Guo was recommended by Lu Xiang, and the canal he ordered to build now does not know what the consequences will be. I will punish you with a three-year salary, and use the income from these three years to reward the soldiers in this battle, can Lu Aweng be convinced?"

    Although Lu Buwei felt pain in the three-year diet, it would not hurt his muscles and bones after all. He couldn't afford to worship, and praised in his mouth: "I thank the king for his kindness."

    A Zheng glanced at him, and saw a few strands of white hair on the top of Lu Buwei's hair, and sighed in his heart: "Forget it, get up, call the group Let me discuss what to do at this time." On

    a piece of wild land in Guanzhong, the disheartened Zheng Guo couldn't help showing a gratified smile as he faced the first phase of the water project. He also knew nothing about the exposure of his identity as a spy in Xianyang.

    At this time, it is still cold and cold, but there is a fiery scene beside the fortifications of the canal.

    Ah Zheng picked up the cowhide water bag hanging around his neck and was about to drink some water for a rest, when not far away, a disgraced little official like him ran towards him: "Mr. Now, what should I do?"

    Zheng Guo quickly screwed up the water bag, swallowed the water in his mouth, and said, "Don't, don't worry, I'll go and see what's going on, and you lead the way.

    " ——" The clerk responded quickly, and led the way for Zheng Guo. It has been a while since Zheng Gong led them to repair the canal. I didn’t expect that although Zheng Gong sent by the court was fair-looking and stammered, he was really proficient in the matter of canal repair. No matter what happened in the middle He can solve any problem.

    Guanzhong is suffering, either drought or flood, and the annual harvest can barely satisfy the hunger. The country has to fight everywhere, collect grain and pay taxes, and the life of the people in Guanzhong is miserable.

    The little official lived and grew up here, and he only hoped in his heart that the canal would be repaired soon, so that with the water in the fields, crops would grow, and his parents and fellow villagers would not have to live so hard.

    Zheng Guo followed the little official to the landslide. He went down the canal, lay down on the ground to observe the soil quality carefully, went up the canal again to look at the surrounding soil quality, and continued to walk far to observe the nearby terrain, and told the construction laborers what to do. resolve this matter. He is not like those officials who only speak incomprehensible words. After his explanation, these uneducated and illiterate mountain villagers immediately knew what to do, and immediately went to work in full swing. Come.

    At the end of a busy day, Zheng Guo returned to his tent, and the servant Qin Guo sent to take care of him had already gone to prepare water and food for him.

    After dinner and washing, Zheng Guo lay on the low couch, looked at the model of the canal made of wood and clay beside the couch, and couldn't help sighing. Since he came to Qin to build canals in Guanzhong, he has never heard from his mother country, South Korea. The king of Han ordered him to build canals for the state of Qin, and use such a manpower-intensive project to reduce the strength of the state of Qin in order to exhaust Qin.

    Zheng Guo didn't know how to evaluate Han Wang who was very proud of this strategy. He is a very serious person, saying one is one, saying two is two, and he will not lower his requirements for projects because of his identity as a spy. The ancestors of his family have built mausoleums, canals and roads for various countries for generations. When those magnificent and huge projects appeared in front of him, a sense of pride was born spontaneously.

    He also wanted to be like his ancestors, to leave something of his own in this world, and it was not a waste of time in this world.

    Zheng Guo thought of the young King of Qin whom he had met in Xianyang. Compared with the already old King of Han, that young man's eyes were full of vigor and something he didn't understand. Just like those Qin people he had met while walking in Guanzhong these years, compared with the numb eyes of the Korean people who were constantly oppressed, Qin people had more hope for the future in their eyes.

    He had heard of those children who were no more than chief executives, eager to go to the battlefield like their parents and mothers, to be named princes and prime ministers, and to make great achievements in the world. Compared with the big surnames in the South Korean court that will never change, Qin is indeed more desirable.

    Zheng Guo sighed again, this was the third time he sighed today. When will South Korea have a wise monarch like Qin in the past?

    Before Zheng Guo could clear up this beautiful dream, there was a noise outside the tent.

    Zheng Guo only thought that something happened to the canal again, so he quickly put on his clothes and walked out of the tent, but was captured by the imperial army who came to arrest him.

    The author has something to say:

    Zheng Guo: Meow meow?