Chapter 31

Chapter 31

    The person who caused the trouble was Yangquan Jun, the younger brother of the Empress Dowager Huayang, and the person he provoked was Lu Buwei, a high-ranking prime minister in the court.

    That day Mr. Yangquan was suppressed by Lu Buwei because of the Chu people in the court, and the piece of land he was interested in was also taken away by Lu Buwei's followers. He was in a bad mood, drank some wine, and wandered on the street in front of his house.

    Mr. Yangquan is a foreign relative and an aristocrat of the Chu State. Naturally, he lives in the same place as the houses of the dignitaries in Xianyang City, including Lu Buwei's house.

    As he was walking, Mr. Yangquan bumped into a person head-on.

    He drank a little too much, and his mind was not clear enough. After watching the bumped man for a long time, he realized that the man was Lu Buwei.

    Originally, this was just a trivial matter, and Lu Buwei was not hurt. He just waited for Mr. Yangquan to apologize to him and the matter passed.

    Who would have thought that Lord Yangquan not only did not apologize, but pointed his finger at Lu Buwei and yelled: "You are a commoner and a lowly businessman, how can you walk with me on the road and not kneel down and kowtow to apologize?" Yangquan Lord and the people behind Lu Buwei were stunned

    . They never thought that Mr. Yangquan could say such a thing.

    The status of merchants is indeed low. During Wei Yang’s reform, he repeatedly emphasized the need to attack the status of merchants and impose heavy taxes on them. But the problem is that now Lu Buwei has got rid of the humble status of merchants and has become a nobleman of Qin. The Marquis of Wenxin, with 100,000 households in Shiyi, is the Xiangbang of the Qin State, and the person with the highest status in the Qin State besides the Qin King Zheng and the Queen Mother.

    How dare Mr. Yangquan insult him like this, calling him a lowly businessman?

    The attendant behind Mr. Yangquan quickly stood up and apologized to Lu Buwei: "Mr. Lu, my master was drunk today and talked some nonsense, please forgive me.

    " Angry, he kicked the servant, kicked him heavily to the ground, pointed at Lu Buwei's nose and cursed: "What is Lu Xiang, you are just a dog who followed my ass and begged for mercy, but now you are proud , what are you, dare to block my way?"

    Lu Buwei took a deep breath, took off the fingers pointing at his nose little by little, and calmly asked the disciples following him: "The Qin law stipulates, what crime should be punished for insulting a country's prime minister?" The disciples

    replied : "The prime minister is the most important thing in the country, and those who insult the prime minister should be beheaded and give up the city."

    Lu Buwei put down his red fingers, smiled, and told the doormen behind him: "Send Yangquan Lord to Tingwei Mansion, and tell them to give up in time." Trial and execution."

    The doorman was stunned for a moment, and immediately responded: "Yes, Xiangbang." The

    drunk Yangquan Lord was sent to Tingwei Mansion by Lu Buwei's doorman, but Yangquan's servant wanted to stop him but dared not, so he could only Half of the people followed Yangquan Jun to Tingwei Mansion, and the other half rushed back to Yangquan Jun's mansion to report to Yangquan Jun's wife.

    Seeing that Lord Yangquan's servants had run away, Lu Buwei didn't stop them, but just stood there quietly with an inscrutable smile on his face.

    Li Si stood behind Lu Buwei, frowned, and couldn't help asking: "Xiangbang sent Lord Yangquan to Tingwei Mansion, what about the Queen Mother Huayang in the palace?"