Chapter 50

Chapter 50 Returning to Qin Dynasty

    At the moment when he was captured by the forbidden army, Zheng Guo hadn't reacted yet.

    He glanced at the surrounding people who were working for the canal, and then at himself who ran out without even putting on his clothes, and asked seriously the two guards who grabbed his left and right arms: "Two or two sergeants , You, you, did you arrest the wrong person?"

    Seeing that Zheng Guo was so calm and composed, the Forbidden Army who came to arrest him could not help but wonder if he had arrested the wrong person. The leader of the imperial guard carefully looked at the words "seven feet in length, fair skin, no spots, and no beard" written on the document, and then took a closer look at the dark-skinned, bearded, disheveled man in front of him. The man couldn't help being a little skeptical.     Zheng Guo breathed a sigh of relief: "You, sure enough, caught the wrong person. Are you here to catch some fugitive? My name is Zheng Guo, and it was His Majesty the King of Qin who sent me to Guanzhong to repair the aqueduct. , No, you, the ones you want to arrest."     The leader of the forbidden army heard Zheng Guo's name, and immediately became energetic: "Are you sure you were sent by the king to repair the channel Zheng Guo?"     Zheng Guo nodded and pointed Liao pointed out the Qin official who came out from another tent to supervise him: "He, he, he can prove my identity." The     leading imperial guard glanced at the man, and waved to the several imperial guards behind him: "Take that person away."     "Yes."     The man was dumbfounded, and Zheng Guo was also dumbfounded.     Seeing that Zheng Guo was taken away, the officials and laborers who were in charge of repairing the canal hurriedly chased after him and asked, "Master Zheng, this canal has not been repaired yet, why did you just take Zheng Gong away like this? What mistake did he make? Can't you give me a lenient?"     The leader of the forbidden army pulled out the sword hanging from his waist, and said indifferently: "I will come to arrest people under the order of the king, so don't ask more questions." The     petty officials dare not ask, how can these forbidden soldiers do this? I came here all the way from Xianyang in the middle of the night, and I must have gone through a lot of inventory. There must be no problem with my identity. If I didn’t see them, the county magistrate of this small county could only nod and follow behind.     It's just that once Mr. Zheng left, how should the canal be repaired?

    The petty official didn't dare to ask the leader of the imperial army, so he had to ask     Zheng Guo: "Mr. Zheng, how will the canal be repaired next?" The project has been repaired, and the spring flood will come in a few days, just to test the water, remember what I said before, don't forget."

    The clerk responded quickly.

    The leader of the forbidden army who came to arrest people gave Zheng Guo a strange look. It is really strange that he stopped stuttering at this time.

    The onlookers were driven away by the local county magistrate and soldiers.

    Zheng Guo and the Qin State official who came to supervise his work were carried on horses by this group of tall and strong imperial guards, and they lay on the horses with their waists crossed. Hearing the order from the leader of the imperial guards, these strong horses let out a long sigh and galloped across the wilderness.

    Zheng Guo's stomach was overwhelmed by the constant bumping of the horse's back, and he spit out a few mouthfuls of sour water. He couldn't help but feel lucky at the moment. Fortunately, he didn't eat much tonight, otherwise he would have to vomit right away.     I don't know how long he was jostled, but Zheng Guo was finally lifted off his horse. He couldn't open his eyes in a daze, and vomited while hugging a tree by the roadside.     The leader of the forbidden army ordered his subordinates: "Rest here for an hour, the people eat some dry food, and let the horses graze."     Several forbidden soldiers took their favorite horses to the river to drink water, took out honey cakes from the saddlebags, Put a piece in your own mouth, put a piece in the horse's mouth. The horses were not satisfied after eating these, so they scraped through the thick snow layer to eat the fresh yellow grass that grew under it.     Zheng Guo, who was hugging the tree over there, finally vomited out the acidic water in his stomach, and the leader of the forbidden army handed him the water bag on his body: "Drink some water."     Zheng Guo quickly thanked him, took the water bag and took a drink. With a big mouthful of water, the cold water flowed down his throat to the bottom of his stomach, and he finally felt less uncomfortable. After drinking enough water, he handed the water bag to the Qin official beside him.