#6 Switched at birth (part 1)

Liam: Never in a million years would it have crossed your mind that they child you took home, the child you loved and raised, was not your own. He was everything you and Liam had ever dreamed of, and you never questioned if he was or was not your own. Why would you? Who would ever think of that? So when you got a call, on your son's 10th birthday, you never expected what you would hear. "There was a mistake at the hospital..." The words did not sink in for a long time. It was hours later, as you got into bed, that everything crashed down on you. "Oh my god." As you burst into tears, Liam had no idea what was going on. "[Y/N], what's wrong?" "They-they... He's not ours. No, he is, but he's..." So confused, Liam could only put his arm around you, and wait for an explanation. An explanation he would have never expected. "Liam, they switched the babies. He's not the child I gave birth too... but he's ours. He is. They can't tell me otherwise."

Niall: It never would have come up at all, if not for a simple blood test. You just needed to know his blood type, and were unsure. It had all started over that, and the results told you everything you never wanted to know. "He's been our son for 6 years, and now they're trying to say he's not?!" You screamed that, so much pain in your heart. Niall was feeling the pain as well, but was holding it together better than you. Someone had to stay strong, and he was trying to do that. "[Y/N], it's okay. They don't want our son, we don't want theirs. That blood means nothing, it just means the hospital messed up." You wanted to agree, you did, but it was hard, "But that's my son too, isn't it? How do we just go about things like they are normal. I don't want to change anything, but I also want to at least... don't you want to know what our biological son looks like?" Niall nodded sadly, "Of course I do, but we just have to make sure things are normal and okay for both boys. [Y/N], it'll be okay. Our life isn't changing. We have our son, our amazing little boy who we have raised and love completely, and that's the only thing that matters."

Zayn: "She... she's my daughter, I know she is," you argued, as a couple tried to tell you the daughter you had raised for the past 2 years was not your own. "Yeah, we know our daughter," Zayn argued, his arm protectively going around you. The other woman had tears in her eyes, as she answered, "You know the daughter you have raised, yes. But she is not the one you gave birth to. My little girl, that's the one you were in labor for, and pushed out, and gave birth to." You shook your head, refusing to believe this. It was just crazy. "No, you're lying." "I'm not," she sighed, before pulling out a photo of her daughter, "This is my baby." Zayn grabbed the photo, and within a moment, he felt sick, "She-she looks like my sister." You timidly looked down at the photo, and you felt your heart shatter. This couldn't be happening to you. "No." "She's the sweetest little girl," the woman continued, "She really is. She's our world. I'm only here because I thought you deserve to know the truth. I think our children are ours, and I hope you agree. I don't want to lose her. But it's right you know as well." You could not even think, all you could do was stare at the picture of the little girl you never even knew existed.

Louis: Louis hated himself for wondering so often if his daughter was truly his own. he just didn't see the similarities, not only between himself and her, but also between her and you. If she looked like neither of you, he could only assume it was another man she looked like, and that broke his heart. The thought you had been with someone else was hard to accept, and so it took a long time for him to bring up his worry. "I never cheated on you!" you argued, when he finally questioned you, after 7 long years. "I just don't get why she looks so unlike either of us, or our families. Her hair, her eyes, everything. She doesn't look like us." To prove him wrong, so this did not become a fight, you quickly agreed to a test. This was insane. You never had an affair. The results were not what you expected though, "She's not mine." Louis was heartbroken with the results, even if he had known them all along, "Why did you lie to me? Why did you keep this from me?" "I didn't!" You were in tears. You knew very well you had not slept with any other men. "I promise Louis. I didn't." It was in that moment, as you looked at the results yourself, that it hit you, "You don't think the hospital could have switched babies? do you?"

Harry: Leaving the hospital, two days after giving birth, you had a feeling something was wrong. Something in your gut told you that something was off. You said nothing though, and many years passed. Your daughter was 16, when she herself discovered the truth, and comforted you and Harry while you were sitting down watching a movie. "How could you not tell me I was adopted." "Excuse me?" Harry asked, laughing as he did, "I clearly remember your mother pregnant." "I got my DNA tested Dad, along with both of the boys. You don't have to lie anymore." "What are you talking about?" you laughed, turning off the movie as you did. "I know that I share no DNA with either of my brothers. That means I'm adopted, because I know mom gave birth to them. I was there." "I gave birth to you also. I can assure you," you responded, waiting for some sort of 'April fools' comment. "Even with proof you still lie." She stormed out of the room after that, and Harry looked at you. "What was that all about?" "I don't know. Maybe we should look into this?" "Into what? You gave birth to her," Harry laughed. You wanted to agree, but your past concerns creeped back in, "I always wondered. I thought maybe-maybe that we had been... well I thought we were given the wrong child. Something felt wrong. I just never said anything. I-I-I'm sorry."