#30 Loved You First

Zayn: "So you're happy with him?" Zayn asked, speaking of your new boyfriend, who was the first person you'd been with, since your break up with Zayn almost a year prior. "I am. He's amazing," you nodded, awkwardly glancing away from Zayn's sad face as you did. He was trying his best to be happy for you. He really was. It was just so hard, when he was still so in love with you, even after all this time. "You know I can't help thinking that it should be me driving to your house, and knocking on your door, kissing you on the mouth." The awkwardness you already felt now doubled. Why did he feel the need to say all of that? "Zayn..." "I'm sorry, I just can't help but think that. You were my first everything. First touch, first kiss, and the first girl who made me feel like this. I loved you first - why can't you see?" "I do see that," you assured him, wanting so badly to just walk away. You were so nervous, and felt horribly now. "I know you loved me, and maybe I loved you also, but it's over now, and I'm happy with him. I'm sorry."

Liam: Liam hated to sit there, and watch you dance the night away with another man. It hurt him. You had been so happy together for so long, but it just didn't last. You were now ready to move on, and find someone knew, but he was not. He had not moved on at all. He still had so much hope that you would make up, and this would never last. "Is [Y/N] just going to dance with him all night?" he asked bitterly, as Louis sat beside him. "She might," Louis carefully answered, "She's just trying to move on Liam." With a sigh, Liam finally looked away from you, "I know, but I just... It should be pulling on her hand... dancing in the dark... I was the only one that loved her from the start, and now I lost her. I loved her for so long, and it hurts to see her with anyone else." Louis knew how hard this was on Liam, and truly wasn't sure what to say, but spoke anyway, "Maybe you should tell her all this. It may change nothing, but shouldn't she be the one who knows you still love her this much?"

Harry: "You have been acting so strange lately. What is going on?" You asked Harry this, after weeks of being avoided by someone you considered to be your best friend. "Nothing," he lied, and tried to force a smile across his face, "I've just been busy." "I know that's a lie. Please tell me," you begged, needing to know what was wrong with him. You loved Harry so much, and hated to see him upset. "What did I do Harry?" "Nothing," he was honest this time, "You didn't do anything." "Then what's wrong?" Harry hesitated to answer, he wasn't sure you needed to know. You were asking though, and so he took a deep breath, and finally told you the truth, "It's your boyfriend. I was happy for you, or I tried to be, but now when I see you with him it tears my world apart. I didn't realize how I felt, how strongly I felt, but I should have. I never understood what love was really like, but I felt it for the first time looking in your eyes." Your mouth feel open, as  the words he had just spoken sunk in. "I know you're happy though, and I'm happy for you It's just hard to see you with him. That's the truth."

Louis: While out to lunch with Louis, you were smiling so brightly, as you hung up the phone after speaking with your boyfriend. You were so happy together, and still in that phase where every little thing he did made you smile. "Thatshouldbeme," Louis mumbled angrily, as you were saving your phone in your pocket. "What did you say? I did not understand that at all," you laughed, reaching for your glass of water. Louis shook his head, as he stabbed his food with his fork. "Louis, please tell me." He dropped his fork, and looked up at you sadly, "I just think that should be me, calling on your phone and making you smile so much. I should be the one saying you're the one, and that I'll never let you go, but I'm not because I was too scared to tell you my feelings, and now it's too late." It was as if you forgot how to eat or speak, as you just sat there for the longest time staring at him. "Forget I said anything, please. I don't want things awkward between us," Louis finally begged, after waiting a while for your reply. "I-I," you slowly began, "I don't really know what to say to that."

Niall: Niall was so angry at himself. He had blown his chance with you. He had one, but he let it all slip away. You had waited for so long to hear him admit his feelings, so sure that it would happen, and then you would rush into his arms; it never did though, so you fell in love with someone else. You couldn't wait forever for Niall. Telling him this though, that you were with someone else, it was hard. He already knew of course, he'd seen you out together, but it was still hard. After you did, you waited nervously for him to answer, and his reply were the thoughts he had been thinking every time he saw the two of you together. "I've been waiting all this time to finally say it, but now I see your hearts been taking, and nothing could be worse... But I know I had my chances, andI could have been where he is standing. That's really what hurts the most. I came so close, but now you'll never know. Well I guess you will, I'm telling you... Baby, I loved you first." You had tears in your eyes. You had waited so long for this moment, but he was just too late, "I always knew it, and I just need to hear it. I wish you had told me sooner. I really, really wish you had."