#94 You're told to change for him

Harry: "If you are going to be his first longterm girlfriend, then you're too distant," you were told plainly, when you questioned why people did not like you and Harry together. "Distant?" You honestly didn't understand what you were being told. "No one knows anything about you. They barely know you're full name. They think you're snobby and cold. Set up a Twitter, and show them you're not." "I have a Twitter, but I don't want to world to know that," you replied, feeling like that could lead to even more hate, and things you didn't want, "I don't see the point in that." "No one knows a thing about you [Y/N], and that's your problem. You want to be liked more. Well then show them who you are." You knew if Harry were with you, he'd tell you to ignore this. Harry would say it didn't matter what the public thinks of you. He wasn't there though, and it did bother you, that you had very few supporters of your relationship. "Okay, fine. I'll set up a new one."

Liam: "You need new clothes. Don't you want to look halfway decent?" You were shocked by the words you were hearing. You never thought you'd be asked that. You thought you dressed nicely; and even now, looking down at your current outfit, you still felt confident. "What's wrong with my outfit?" Next to you, Liam was confused also, "Yeah, [Y/N] looks great." "Well, it's okay, but..." The woman speaking to you stalled for a moment, and tried to form her words carefully, "Well you can't go to an event as Liam's date in something like what you did last night. You can't look like you don't care." "I do care," you argued, and thought of the dress you'd worn the previous night, "I really like that dress." She made a face, while glancing up and down at you, "Spend more than $100 on an outfit, and then we'll talk." You were speechless, as she walked away. Liam though, found words quickly, "Ignore her [Y/N]. Don't change." You tried to smile at him, but his words didn't take away the sting of what you'd just heard.

Zayn: "Is my hair really that bad?" you wondered aloud, while looking in the mirror, staring at your locks. Only two hours earlier you hd been told to change your hair. To cut it or color it, maybe both. They said you just had to do anything to change it from what it currently was. Zayn overheard your question, and though he knew you weren't looking for an answer, he replied, "It's not [Y/N]. They just said that. It doesn't mean it's true. It's their job to find pointless things to say." You continued to stare at your reflection, "They said it's too boring. Maybe they're right. I could change it. Just a little something. Maybe dye it a different color." "It's not boring," Zayn answered, "You look amazing. Please don't change anything because of their comments." You just nodded, pretending to agree with Zayn. You knew though, that as soon as he was gone, you'd change your hair, and give into what they told you. 

Louis: When Louis asked you out, you were over the moon. You thought nothing could possibly bring you down; and then it was people whom you called friends, who dragged you back to earth. "You need to change so much, if you think this is going to last." One of your closest friends told you, and you said nothing in reply. You didn't know what to say. You were just stunned by her comment. "Louis could do so much better, and you should know that. If I were you, I'd go buy some new clothes, and fix my hair nice, and try really hard. He has a million beautiful girls around him all the time." You thought about the outfit you planned to wear on you date, and began to second guess it, along with everything else. "What should I wear?" She smiled, so glad you were listening, "Something you would never wear. We have to go shopping!"

Niall: You'd seen Niall a total of three times. Nothing was official yet. It was heading towards something real, you could both feel that, but for now you were still just seeing where this was going. So when you went to see him, at a concert, you just thought it would be a fun time. You never thought you'd overhear what you did, between Niall and someone you did not even know. "[Y/N]'s here," the other person told Niall, just as you were about to step into the room. "I better go find her," Niall replied excitedly. "When you do, can you please tell her she needs to stop being such a fan." "What?" Niall was confused, and outside of the room, you were as well. "It won't look good, if you two become official, and she's some crazy fan." "I don't care that she's a fan," Niall defended you. "It'll just be better if her Tumblr, Twitter, whatever she has, all that has to go. She can set up new ones. But she has to not be such a fan anymore." "I can't tell her to change who she is. She is a fan." The other person didn't seem to care what Niall was saying, "If you don't tell her, someone else will."