#25 Illusion

Harry: You were happy with Harry, there was no denying that. He would enter the room, and butterflies would float through your stomach. He'd smile at you, and the rest of the world would fade. You were happier than you ever thought possible, and that's why it all just felt too good to be true. "Is this all a joke? Some trick? Some way to hurt me in the end?" you quietly asked, while walking hand in hand through a quiet park. "I know you think this can't be real," Harry responded, stopping as he did, so he could turn to look you in the eyes, "But believe me, I'm not trying to deceive you. I promise falling for me won't be a mistake. This is not some trick at all, it's me falling completely for the most amazing person I've ever met." Your stomach did that flip it always did when he said something like that, and your eyes lit up. In the back of your mind that worry was still there. How could he really be falling for you? You let it go though, for now, as he pulled you into his arms. "I am falling Harry, and that's why I worry so much." "Don't, I promised it won't be a mistake, and I'm going to keep it."

Liam: "I've gotten my heart broken a few times before." Those words fell from your lips timidly, as you sat on your couch next to Liam, your almost boyfriend. Almost, because you were so afraid to truly let it become more. "No one should have ever hurt you," he replied, while placing a hand gently on your arm. You were close to tears, and he did not know what to do. "But it did happen, they did hurt me," you cried, that tiny part of you that had been holding back now letting it all go the moment his hand touched you. That comfort was all you needed to breakdown. "I just can't deal with it happening again. I know you think I'm flaky, because I cancel dates, or I won't let this become official. I'm just so, so scared." Watching tears fall down your face, Liam's heart ached. He knew the pain as well, of having your heart broken, but that was not his pain now. His pain came from watching you hurting, and knowing you thought he would do that to you as well, "[Y/N], I would never turn your heart into broken parts. If you gave it to me, I promise, I won't. You don't have to think twice looking in my eyes, I'm not going anywhere." After he spoke, you did what's he'd just said, and looked into his eyes. "I really want to believe that. Just please give me more time. If you mean what you're saying, you'll do that for me."

Louis: Doing all he could to make you happy, to show you how much he cared for you, Louis was shocked to learn you were insecure in your relationship. He thought he'd given you no signs to worry about how much he loved you, but according to you, there were many. "I feel like you care for a while, and act perfect, and then you-you don't call for days, or you have to go places with other girls all over you, and I know it's your job. I know I can't control that everyone is always trying to get your attention. I have to accept it, but it's hard, and sometimes I feel like I'm being misled. I sometimes feel like you don't really care, but you just keep me around." Those were your true feelings, but pouring them out to Louis, it already felt wrong. You did not want to hurt him with your thoughts, but he needed to know the truth. "But can't you see it? I'm not trying to mislead you at all. Do you really think that?" "At times," you nodded, ashamed that you felt that way, but you couldn't help it, "I know that it's crazy, but I do think it. I just worry about all of this. I know I love you, and I know you love me, or most of the time I do, but I just worry. You deserve to know that. I don't want to hide how I feel from you. That won't help this." Louis' first thoughts, which were of anger over yours, in the end were not the things he said to you, "And don't hold back. Please always tell me how you feel, and now I'm going to work so hard to prove to you I'm not misleading you. Not at all."

Zayn: "People tell me it's all an illusion, and that I'm so blind," you confessed to Zayn, laughing as you did. You mostly thought all of those comments from friends, family, and even strangers were insane, but there was a hint of worry in that laughter. A bit of worry that Zayn noticed right away. "No baby, this is not an illusion, I've really got my heart out on my sleeve." "Yeah, that's the part no one believes," you responded, as Zayn placed an arm around you, "They don't believe that you're suddenly so okay with showing me off to the world, letting the world see you as this guy totally in love." "Well I am, and this is not an illusion, there's magic between you and me. You feel that, don't you?" You laughed, jokingly pushing him away, "Of course I do, that's not the issue. I have no doubts." You paused. "Well. Not really." "I'm going to say this until you believe it totally, this is not an illusion." A small smile went across your face, "Let's just make sure everyone else knows that as well as I do. Because even with my doubts, I know that. I really do."

Niall: Clinging to Niall, you never wanted to let him go. He was about to leave for a world tour, and in your mind, you just knew he would find someone else, and he would never come back home to you. "I'm scared this is really you leaving me. I feel like after today you'll just disappear." A bit of Niall's heart broke. The quiet way you whispered that, as if hoping he would not really hear your fears, it hurt. You were his world. He would never leave you. This was just for the tour, it was not for good. "I'm not gonna leave or disappear. There's no trapped doors. You're the only one I see in this entire world, no one else matters." His words sunk in quickly, but you still felt uneasy about spending so many months apart, "You say that now, but once you're away...." Niall cut you off before you could say whatever it was that you were about to say, "Once I'm away, I'll think of you the entire time. I mean it when I say I'm not gonna leave. You're the truth I can't explain. You're everything. Don't think for even a second you're not." You hugged him tighter, hating the way you wanted to do nothing but cling to him,  "I wish you didn't have to go. I'm sorry." "Don't be," he sighed, kissing you gently after, "I don't want to leave you either.