#49 Making a gingerbread house

Louis: "It says ages 8 and up can make these," you stated, laughing as you did. It should have been so simple, but it wasn't. "Then why does it keep falling apart," Louis asked you, while staring at the mess that should have been your gingerbread house. Instead of a house though, it was more like a mountain of candy and gingerbread all thrown together. It had no true shape. "This is such a mess," you laughed, trying to piece it back together. It was hopeless, but you were trying anyway. "The icing is not really holding it together, is it?" Louis shook his head, as once more it crumbled to the ground. "Why don't we go buy one already made?" "And say we did it?" He nodded, and you instantly agreed, "Let's go."

Niall: The first step was to build the house, and then eat it. The first step was something you and Niall were ignoring totally though, as you sat at the table to put together your gingerbread house. "This is so good," you commented, while taking another bite out of the gingerbread meant for the roof. Niall laughed, "Yeah, but we have no roof." "Or walls," you pointed out, as he took a bite of one of the pieces meant for a wall, "Well we'll have part of a wall for the house." He placed down the piece he was holding, and then looked at the candy, most of it already missing as well. "I don't think we're actually going to build this house." You shook your head, reaching for another handful of candy, "No, I don't think so either."

Liam: The gingerbread house looked great, and you smiled as you looked at it. "No one would even know we almost burnt down out our house baking the gingerbread." Liam laughed nervously, knowing that underneath the icing and candy, the gingerbread itself was burned completely. Somehow you hid it, but it was completely burnt. "I'm not even sure it's edible," he commented, knowing he himself did not want to eat it, "I hope no one wants to." You did not want to either, "No, I don't think it is. It's pretty to look at though. We'll just tell everyone they can't." Liam nodded, and then suddenly laughed as he thought of something, "And we'll know if someone does take a bite. I'm sure they'll let us know how horrible it is."

Zayn: You thought it would take you a while to do, and it would waste a few hours. You were looking forward to it for so long, and thought it would be so much fun. You did not expect to have the entire thing put together in less than 5 minutes. "Well that was fun," you commented, as you and Zayn cleaned up the kitchen after. It was amazing how quickly everything became destroyed by icing and candy. Zayn thought it was fun also, but like you wished it had lasted longer, "We should have gotten a few to decorate, so we'd have more to do." You turned on the water, to wash the dishes, "Yeah, next time we need to get like ten of them, so it will maybe last an hour." Zayn laughed, while eating a piece of the leftover candy, as he was saving it in a bag, "Let's go back and get a few more. There's nothing saying we can't do that right now."

Harry: "The gingerbread house looks great," Harry said, as he looked around your actual home, "But our house..." You laughed, as your eyes scanned around your kitchen. Gingerbread crumbs, icing, and candy filled the room. How could one tiny little home cause such a mess. "Not so much right now," you finished for him. "No," he responded, wondering how it made such a mess. He didn't remember this from when he was a child. "Does everyone make such a mess when they do this?" You shrugged, not sure. You didn't see how they couldn't though. "They must, or maybe we are just horrible at this." Harry laughed, but said nothing in reply. You glanced at the clock, "Everyone is going to be here in ten minutes, so we should clean this up. They don't need to know how much of a disaster this is. Let them think we made it with no mess at all."