Chapter 2

I was awakened by loud knocks on the front door making me look at my clock and saw it was ten am in the morning.

I struggled to get up, but once I did I used the wall to help support me. I applied concealer on my face to hide the bruises before walking downstairs, using the railing for support.

Once I reached the front door I opened the door and saw two policemen.

"Can I help you?" I asked coldly towards them.

"We're sorry to inform you that your parents have been in a car accident and they didn't made it." One of the police officers said cautiously.

"What's going to happen to me?" I asked not caring what happens because I'll be eighteen in two years anyways.

"If you would like we can take you to the police station and do a DNA swab test and see if there are any relatives that would take you." The other police officer spoke up.

"I'll go get dressed quick." I said to the two officers.

"We'll wait out here for you." The same officer said.

I closed the door and walked up the stairs using the railing for support so I don't fall down the stairs. Once I reached my room, I grabbed an outfit and walked into my bathroom.

I carefully removed the clothes I had on off and threw them in the hamper. I changed the bandage on my stomach and then got dressed.

I brushed my hair and then threw it in a bun

I brushed my hair and then threw it in a bun. I grabbed my phone from underneath my mattress and slid it into my back pocket. I slipped on a pair of Red converses and grabbed my keys. I made sure my necklace was out in the opening.

I took two painkillers without nothing and walked downstairs to the front door. I stood there for a second and looked around. I am finally free from all of the beatings and torturing.

I opened the door and the policemen stood up and we walked to the car where one of the policemen opened the door for me, I slid in. They got in and we drove to the police station.

~

The ride to the police station was quiet and awkward. They parked in the parking lot and they opened the door for me, I slid out.

Once we walked inside the station a lady immediately came up to us with a swab in her hand. "Can I swab the inside of your mouth, sweetheart?" She asked, causing me to nod.

She swabbed the inside of my mouth and walked away. "You can have a seat in this room." The one officer said while opening a door.

I walked inside and sat down at the table. "Can I get you a drink?" The officer asked.

"I'm fine," I said coldly towards the officer.