Chapter 8

Lunch was ready and Luca carried me to the table with the blanket still wrapped around me. He sat me down in my seat and scooted me closer to the table.

He sat in his seat beside me and took some of the blankets again. "Okay, what's with you two sharing that blanket ever since you got back from the hospital?" Giovanni asked.

"Twin thing." I said sticking my tongue out at his again making him gasp.

"Again, what did I ever do to you." He complained making me smile.

"Nothing." I said making him shake his head and started eating.

Luca and I did the same thing and started eating. Emiliano got up and walked away making me confused then a few minutes later he walked back in with a plastic cup with pills inside.

He handed them to me which I took and place them in my mouth then took a sip of water to down them. "Good job took them without no argument." Emiliano said.

"I don't believe in arguing when it comes to health or taking medication. You need them to get better so I just think about how they will make me feel better before I take them." I said.

"You're a survivor princess, a strong survivor." Lorenzo said making me smile.

I continued eating until I started feeling full and then I place my fork down and Luca finished a few minutes after me. He place the rest of the blanket on me and stood up then grabbed our plates.

He walked into the kitchen and Domenico poked my cheek causing me to look at him. "Hi." He said making me shake my head while smiling.

"Hi." I said back to him.

"How are you liking us so far?" He asked out of the blue.

"Let's see, Giovanni is a big baby. You just poked me so you're a loser. And the rest are amazing." I said making him and Giovanni gasp.

Everyone burst out laughing including Alessandro and Emiliano. Luca walked back in confused so Dad explained to him what just happened and he started laughing and high five me.

"I thought she loved us." Giovanni said crossing his arms.

"I do love you." I said shaking my head.

"You better." He said making me laugh.

"Okay, so while we are still around, princess are you okay if we ask you those questions now?" Dad asked.

Luca grabbed my hand and gently squeezed it reminding me he got my back. "Yeah, that's fine." I said.

"Okay, so the first question is how did you manage to get nutrition inside your body if they were starving you?" Dad asked.

"I ate at school and what ever I didn't finished I took home with me." I said.

"Love, how did you know how to take care of your wounds?" Lorenzo asked.

"I figured it out on my own." I lied.

"Princess, you told us something that you weren't ready to tell us so we have something to tell you. We're in the mafia." Dad said making my heart drop.

"Do you guys sell girls or abuse them?" I asked shocking them all by what I asked.

"No, of course not baby, we just kill the ones who deserve to killed, we don't do any of that other stuff." Lorenzo said making me nod.

"Then I'm okay with it, but I want to be in the mafia as well." I said making them all smile, and Luca squeezed my hand making me smile at him.

~