Chapter 71

When I reached Harvey's office, I walked in and Kai started letting out happy yips which caused a smile to form on my face.

I walked over to Rachel and scooped Kai up gently, taking the time to be careful not to hurt him. I then walked over to the table and sat down, gently setting Kai in my lap.

"He started whimpering when you left but now that you're back he's happy," Donna said making me smile and nod my head.

Donna, Rachel, and Jessica all left since they had a lot of work to do. So it was just Harvey, Mike, and me. "Mike, if you're going to try and act like me then at least be somewhat good at it," Harvey said making me chuckle.

"You told Donna you wanted a mini you, remember?" Mike said. I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"What did you just find so funny?" Mike asked with a smirk.

"That you two are something else," I said shaking my head in amusement.

"Are we now?" Mike asked. I nodded my head then let out a short laugh.

"I would tickle you but I do not want to be punched by you." Mike spoke again making me laugh.

"I know how to control myself but if you wanna try and tickle me then it's your funeral not mine." I said making Harvey laugh and Mike's jaw dropped.

Mike raised an eyebrow at me with his arms crossed. "You just said you could control yourself," He said earning a nod from me.

I shrugged my shoulder in response, I lightly twirl Kai's tail around my finger. "I can, but I just don't like to be tickled," I said a slight smile forming on her lips.

"Then, I'll just stay over here." Mike said making Harvey and I laugh.

I glanced over at Harvey's office door as I saw my Dad and Alessandro walking towards the door. I turned my head away as I pretended not to look.

'You ready to go, Princess?' Dad asked and I nodded my head.

Alessandro walked in and grabbed Kai's bag before placing it on his shoulder, and I gently picked Kai up, holding him close to my chest to avoid hurting his leg as I stood up from the chair I was sitting in.

I smiled at Harvey and Mike before walking out of Harvey's office. I followed Dad and Alessandro to the elevator, and Alessandro pushed the button for it.

The doors opened up, and we walked in. Dad pushed the button for the lobby, and the elevator started heading downwards.

When we reached the lobby, the elevator dinged, and the doors opened then we walked out to the car. I slipped in and placed Kai in my lap. Alessandro got in the car, and Dad started the car and drove away from the city.

During the car ride, I was twirling Kai's tag around my finger while watching the trees disappear behind us as Dad drove down the road.

"I was thinking about we do a take out night again." Dad said making me head turn towards him.

"Can we?" I asked making him smile then nod his head.

"Of course, we can princess." Dad said making me smile.

"Can we order fries for Kai?" I asked making Kai lift his head and let out a happy tip while wagging his tail.

"You already started spoiling him?" Alessandro asked making me chuckle and nod my head.