Chapter 72

My eyes fluttered open, and then heard a cute howl come from Kai, which made me smile instantly.

"Good morning to you too, little wolf," I said, and Kai let out a happy yip in response.

I placed a kiss on Kai's head and then got out of my bed, walked over to my closet to pick out something to wear and walked out, walked into my bathroom.

I heard tiny footsteps which I recognized as Kai's, and he walked through the door and curled up into a ball in front of the sink.

I smiled down at Kai as I turned around and turned on the shower. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower.

I picked up my shampoo bottle, poured a little bit in my hand, and then massaged it into my hair before washing it out.

I picked up the body wash bottle and my loofah, then poured a little bit on the loofah and massaged it into my body before washing it off.

I turned off the shower and opened the shower door before stepping out. I quickly grabbed two towels from the rack, using one to wrap my hair and the other to dry my body.

I got dressed into the outfit I picked out for the day.

I unraveled my hair from the towel, grabbed my hair dryer and plugged it in to begin blow drying my hair

I unraveled my hair from the towel, grabbed my hair dryer and plugged it in to begin blow drying my hair. Once it was dried, I brushed through it with my brush and applied mascara to my eyelashes.

I brushed my teeth and cleaned up the bathroom, I walked out with Kai limping behind me. I patted the end of the bed, and Kai jumped up onto it.

After grabbing the medical supplies to change the bandage on Kai's leg, I unwrapped the old one and cleaned the area around his wound.

I proceeded to rewrap it with a new bandage and ensure that it was properly secured over his wound.

Having cleaned up the trash, I threw it away and then grabbed a bottle to feed Kai. I lay down beside Kai as he drank and kissed his nose.

After finishing the bottle, Kai curled up against me and I smiled. I grabbed my remote and turned on the television, putting on Criminal Minds.

While watching, I ran my fingers through Kai's fur until I reached his tail, which I twirled around my finger.

I then took the blanket from the top of the bed and covered Kai and myself with it. Kai scooted up and laid under my head, making it cozy and comfortable for the both of us.

Third Person

It was Sunday morning, the younger siblings took the opportunity to sleep in as the older brothers went to the office with Alessio. But what should have been a calm and peaceful morning was anything but that.

Alessio had received a note sent from the Russian leader saying that they knew his daughter was alive and that they were coming for her.

"Father, what are we going to do?" Alessandro asked his father, who rubbed his forehead as he studied the note.