Chapter 78

After lunch, I took Kai up to my room, laid him down on the bed, and then laid beside him. We lay on the bed together, while I stared up at the ceiling thinking about the events that just happened with the Roman.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, dialed Katherine's number, and held the phone up to my ear. "Angel, what's up?" she answered, and I relaxed with her friendly and welcoming voice.

I said into the phone, "I need you and the others to meet me in a little bit. We're going after the Russians. Make sure Dimitri is there as well."

Dimitri is Vladimir's son, and he despises Vlad more than anything in this world. Vlad abandoned Dimitri and his mother when he was a kid, and ever since then, Dimitri has wanted to take over the Russian Mafia.

"I'll call the others," Katherine responded and I relaxed a bit with her reply, she hung up. I sat up and scooted to the end of the bed, patted the bed making Kai lift his head up.

He limped down to the end of the bed and laid down beside me. I grabbed his bag and unzipped it, taking out some medical supplies and placing them together on the bed.

I unwrapped the wrapping that was around Kai's leg and cleaned his wound. It was starting to heal, and I applied ointment to help with the process. After that, I put gauges around it and then I wrapped his leg with a self-adhesive wrap.

I put the ointment back into Kai's bag, grabbed him a bottle, took off the lid, and held him gently as I started feeding him.

"I have to go away in a little bit, but I'll be back, don't worry," I whispered quietly to Kai.

As I looked down at him feeding from the bottle, I saw my phone vibrating. It meant that everything is going according to plan. I felt anxious, but also excited, as the time to take action against the Russians was quickly approaching.

I need to do this so, my father and brothers can stop living in constant fear of losing me. They may be angry with me, but I can't lose them either. I turned my focus to Kai, who had finished his bottle and was curled up in a ball on the pillows of the bed.

"I'm doing what I have to do," I told Kai, in an effort to reassure him. "But I'll be back soon, and I'll always be here for you," I emphasized, as I gave him a gentle pet on the head.

"I'll be back soon," I told Kai, as I got up from the bed and started to get ready to go meet Katherine and the other members of the group.

I checked my phone for messages from Katherine, and saw that she had texted me to tell me that the group was waiting for me at her house.

I grabbed my bag and put it on my shoulder, and then looked around before hopping over the railing.

There was a tree branch nearby, so I decided to take a chance and use it to get down to the ground. Once I landed on the branch, I climbed down and quickly checked around to make sure that no one was around before running to the garage and entering the code to open the door.

Once the door opened, I ran to my car, got in quickly, and started the engine. I pushed the button to open the gates, and then drove through the gates, and down the driveway to Katherine's house.

When I reached Katherine's house, I parked my car across the street, turned off the car, and grabbed my bag before heading inside.

Upon entering the house, I heard voices and followed them to the living room. Once I walked in, I was greeted by Katherine, who quickly embraced me in a hug.

"Angel," she said, and I returned the hug as the other members of the group watched on. I felt the tension rising as we prepared to take action against the Russians.