Chapter 84

Slowly, I opened my eyes, turning my head to see the hands of the clock displaying a time of eleven in the morning, my tiredness demanding more rest, and yet I had no choice but to wake up.

I looked beside me and saw that the bed was empty, and I turned to see Kai sleeping on the bed, making me sit up and carefully remove the covers before slowly guiding my legs to the edge of the bed before placing my feet on the floor and standing up slowly, avoiding any strain on my stomach.

I noticed the clothes on the bed along with a note in Alessandro's handwriting that read:

Dove, here are a pair of Lorenzo's sweatpants. We have things to do at the warehouse, Harvey will be over soon to get you and Kai until one of us comes, gets you. We love you so much Dove, be careful with your stitches.

I walked out of the room and into Luca's room, which was empty, and walked into his closet to find a suitable shirt to wear with the sweatpants of Lorenzo's.

I left Luca's closet and walked back to my bedroom. I walked into my room, grabbed Lorenzo's sweatpants, and then walked into my bathroom and turned on the shower.

I took off my tank top and grabbed medical tape, along with saran wrap to cover the bandage on my stomach, making sure not to let it get wet.

I took off my pants and underwear before stepping into the shower. I placed my head under the shower head to wet my hair before grabbing my shampoo and pouring a small amount on my hand to massage into my scalp.

I rinsed the body wash off my body as thoroughly as possible, stepped out of the shower, and took two towels from the rack, wrapping one around my hair and using the other one to dry myself.

Once I was dry and changed into Lorenzo's sweatpants, I took the saran wrap off my bandage, taking the bandage off along with it.

I began to clean the wound, taking a couple deep breaths to calm myself down but still feeling the pain in my stomach, which caused me to wince, but I continued to clean it as I tried to do it slowly to ease the pain.

After struggling through the cleaning process a few times, I put ointment on the wound and then bandaged it up to keep the stitches clean.

After putting on Luca's T-shirt, I took my hair out of the towel and then squatted down slowly, grabbing my hairdryer from underneath the counter before straightening back up slowly.

I plugged it in and blow dried my hair. I brushed through it once it was dried then applied mascara on my eyelashes.

I unplugged the blow dryer, wrapped the cord around the bottom, and placed it on the counter, so it would be easier to grab next time.

I walked out of my room and saw Harvey sitting on the couch, who I jumped a little at the sight of and then frowned at him. "Jesus, Harv, you could have let me know you were here." I said, making him chuckle slightly.

"I'm sorry, Blossom. I thought you heard Kai howling," Harvey replied back, but I just shook my head in response.

"No, it must have been when I was blow drying my hair," I responded to Harvey, making him nod.

He stood up and asked, "Are you ready to go? Mike and I have a lot of plans with you," to which I nodded my head in response, before walking over to my nightstand.

I opened the drawer, grabbed my holster and gun, and then walked back into my bathroom, wrapping the holster around my thigh before returning to Harvey and replying, "Now, I'm ready to go."

Harvey picked my shoes up and then pointed at the couch for me to sit down. I did as he said slowly, and he placed my shoes on for me, and when he was finished, he stood back up.