Chapter 22

Next period is fifth period and I have Nick in that class as well and honestly, I can't deal with any bullshit today. I just want school to be done and over with so I can go home and lie down.

The bell for fifth period rang making me stand up from my seat and walk out of the previous classroom I was in then headed to my fifth-period class.

I walked into the classroom and then walked to my assigned seat and sat down.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my social media but when I heard someone sit beside me I looked over to see Nick.

"Nick Rossi, what can I do for you?" I asked him and looked back at my phone.

"Let me take you on a date, Hermosa." Nick said making me look at him like he's crazy.

(Hermosa- Beautiful)

"Why are you so interested in me? There are a hundred other girls in this school but you choose me...why?" I asked with a blank facial expression.

"Because I like a girl who knows how to protect herself and is dangerous and you, Hermosa are dangerous." Nick said smirking making me roll my eyes.

"When were you thinking?" I asked looking towards the front to see the teacher still talking and focusing on something else.

"How about this Saturday?" He asked making me shake my head.

"Won't work. I have to race Friday and I promised a couple of friends that we could have a girls weekend at my place." I said coldly.

"Wait, You are racing Friday? The only Romano that I saw that is supposed to race is Lorenzo Romano." Nick said making me nod.

"Supposed to but something came up to where he can't race so, my dad asked me to race and I couldn't decline the offer because I miss racing." I said making him chuckle.

"I bet I saw your record and I have to admit you're the best racer around. So, whoever you are race this weekend is going to go down." Nick said making me crack a smile which made his smirk.

"Look at you warming up to me." He said making me chuckle and shake my head.

The bell rang and I stood up and walked out of the classroom and headed towards the cafeteria. I felt a hand grab my arm and I was pulled into a classroom and saw it was Nick.

"What happened to your knee?" He asked dangerously lowly making a shiver run down my spine.

"Why do you wanna know?" I asked making his eyes turn dark.

"Because you're mine, if someone touched something of mine then I have the right to know." Nick spoke with so much anger in his voice.

"Nick, I am not an object." I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"I know you're not baby, but seeing your knee angers me because someone hurt you." Nick said making me sigh.

"Abusive adoptive parents. That's all I'm telling you." I said pulling my arm out of his grip and walking out of the room then headed straight to the cafeteria.

Once I reached the table I sat down and Luca handed me a drink making me send him a smile. "Aurora Friday I have to race but after that, I'll be by to pick you four up." I said looking from her to Brooke, then Evelyn, and then Noah who was smiling.

"Do we get to come with?" Luca asked looking at me while batting his eyelashes.

"No, we're going to have a girls' night. You know where it's only girls." I said smirking which caused him to glare at me and I just chuckled before looking away from his direction.